Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992 Empty Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992

Post  The Matthews Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:17 am

Stephan paced in the entrance way of the estate awaiting the dreaded arrival of their grandson.  He really had no idea why they were the ones chosen to take the irritation on as caregivers.  He sighed and heard movement pulling up the drive.  The Ministry of Magic were the ones who were bringing the boy to them.  They had been proud when Riley became a Wizard, but when he left us, they thought that it was time to wash our hands of this.  And now Stephan and Veronica had to care for a young wizard again... one of which they did not choose.  There was a knock on the door and Stephan walked over to the oak door and opened it.  "Leave him," he said, reaching for the boy.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992 Empty Re: Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I was walking behind the Ministry workers.  My grandparents were Muggles and so they had approached and traveled to their house by non-magical means.  I knew what this was going to do to me -- they were not any better than my parents.  I could see the confusion on the faces of the workers, but my grandfather just stared at them angrily and they simply just let me go.  I looked at them as they brought my bags up from the car and set them in the entrance area.  I stood in there awkwardly and watched the wizards go.  My grandfather closed the door and turned to face me.  "I-I'll just go to my room... stay out of your way.  You don't need to worry," I said, hoping that maybe it would not be as bad as what I was thinking it would be.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992 Empty Re: Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, you fight to let go -- Late Summer 1992

Post  The Matthews Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Stephan glared at his grandson and shook his head.  "Stay put," he spat as he watched the Ministry wizards leave in their Muggle car, though it was clearly magically enhanced as it jumped past all the traffic that was in the street.  He turned back to Lincoln and loomed over him.  "There are some rules that you will need to abide by -- or else," he started, enjoying the fact that the boy was cowering in front of him.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:05 pm

I looked at my grandpa, not entirely sure what was going to happen.  I took a deep breath, not wanting to cause any issue with my grandfather  "Okay," I said, trying not to sound sarcastic or anything.  I just wanted to be by myself and have an opportunity to mourn my father.  Again, I was not allowed to go to his funeral.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

"Don't take that ungrateful tone with me boy," Stephan warned.  He drew himself to his full height and looked at him.  "Now... I want you to be going around this house making sure it is spotless.  We're getting older and we can't keep up with it anymore.  While you're home, you'll be making the meals for us, too.  Then any time you're not doing any of those things... you stay in your room.  We don't even want to know you exist, boy, if we can help it.  Put any toe out of line... God won't even be on your side."  Stephan walked past Lincoln, shoving him slightly.  "Now get to work."
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:12 am

I was not entirely sure what tone he was speaking of, so I settled for looking down at the ground.  I only raised my eyes when my grandfather had finished speaking.  I nodded, wondering how I could answer without sounding ungrateful or moody like my grandfather apparently thought I was being before.  "Yes, sir," I said, wondering if that would be a good thing to say.  

The injustice of everything did not even phase me anymore -- what else did I come to expect from my life?  It was horrible and I knew that there was nothing I could do about it.  I took a deep breath and went to start moving my things upstairs to keep the downstairs clean when I got hit and my knees hit the floor.  Pain radiated from my back where I had gotten hit.  I turned around, staring at my grandfather, not entirely sure why I had gotten hit this time.  Normally I could figure it out.  I suppose it was due to the fact that I had given attitude again in my grandfather's eyes.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 am

Stephan was none too pleased with his attitude and knocked his grandson down.  "You will learn respect," he warned him darkly.  "Your father may have had a soft hand on you -- something I always liked about your dear mother -- but do not expect the same from me or your grandmother, boy."  He stood at his full height to intimidate Lincoln.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:44 am

I glared at my grandfather.  "My mother was a horrible human being," I said without thinking.  I clenched my jaw, trying to prepare myself for another smack.  I knew that my smart mouth would elicit something.  Why had I spoken back?  I was normally quite good at keeping my tongue quiet and just do as I told -- even though I normally still got yelled at and hit.  I just tried to do my best to avoid it.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:16 am

Stephan got even more angry.  "Do not speak ill of your parents, Lincoln," he said, hitting the child again.  "How dare you speak back to me!"  He hit him again and again and again.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:20 am

I cried out, not meaning to.  I hated showing my weakness when getting hit or yelled at, but it was just so hard... I started to taste blood in my mouth and my head was throbbing.  As much as I wanted to , I knew better than to try to get away from him.  I just tried not to say a word, but I was not sure if I could handle much more.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:20 pm

After a little while, Stephan stopped hitting Lincoln - only when he saw some blood.  "Now, get this mess cleaned up and start on the list that is on the fridge."  He stalked away and left the boy to fend for himself.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:05 am

I could not really move, but I had to.  If I did not get everything cleaned up and start on that list, I would be hit again.  And probably worse than this time.  I struggled to my feet and started to move everything, fighting back my tears.  Why could it have not been my mother who died?  Father probably would have been able to get it down to being self defense rather than murder... and I could be with ust him.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:07 am

Stephan came back and saw the boy struggling with his bags and rolled his eyes.  "Hurry up, boy, or your list will grow," he said angrily, pushing past the child.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:49 pm

I looked over at him.  "I am going as quickly as I can," I said to him, looking down.  "I am sorry... I will go faster."  Or I would at least try.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Stephan glared down at the boy.  "You do not have long, boy," he warned him as he stepped around the child.  "If your grandmother sees this mess...." He trailed off, leaving the threat unspoken between them.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next