Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We break fast because we are glass -- Fall

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We break fast because we are glass -- Fall Empty We break fast because we are glass -- Fall

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 am

It was horrible... My parents had to tell me what had happened to Oscar.  I felt like I was numb.  There was obviously nothing I could do about any of it.  They would let me know when I needed to leave school for his funeral... they were so formal about everything; I was sure that they were in shock about the whole thing.  Oscar had his whole life ahead of him!  He was only nineteen... I sat on a bench in the courtyard of the school, the letter in my hands, tears streaking my face.  I did not even care what anyone thought of me.  I just kept rereading their words, wishing that they would change.  I took a couple of deep breaths; I needed to find Ally and Dona...
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

We break fast because we are glass -- Fall Empty Re: We break fast because we are glass -- Fall

Post  Jacob Weasley Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 am

I had been getting back from quidditch walking up towards the castle, as I was passing the courtyard I saw Maggie. Crying. I picked up the pace and sat down beside her. " Hey.." I whispered quietly. Just to let her know I was there and put my arm around her as I let her lean on me.
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

We break fast because we are glass -- Fall Empty Re: We break fast because we are glass -- Fall

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:50 am

I was a little startled by the arm that was wrapped around me, but I instantly knew who it was:  Jake.  I leaned against him and sniffled, bringing a tissue to my face to wipe away some tears.  "Hey," I said, taking a deep breath to calm myself a little bit.  I took a lot of comfort being with him like this... he had no idea how much it meant.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Weasley Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:47 am

I let her lean on me, " So, what is going on?" I asked her. I hated seeing her like this. She shouldn't have to be like this at all. " I'm here..." I said quietly, letting her know she can talk to me if she needs too. I rubbed her back as she sniffled.
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:05 am

I cleared my throat a little bit so I could actually tell him what was going on.  "It's my brother," I said, taking a deep breath so I could at least get through telling him what happened.  "There was a car crash... and-and he's gone..."  Fresh tears sprang to my eyes when I actually said it aloud.  It was like saying it to someone made it final...
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Weasley Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 pm

My heart broke for her, I couldn't believe it. " I am so sorry." I said as I pulled her into a tight hug and didn't let go. I rocked lightly back and forth, " I am so sorry Maggie. " I put my hand on the back of her head and held her close.
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

I was so grateful to have Jake right now.  To be in his strong arms just made me feel the slightest bit better.  I was unsure how long we were sitting like that, but finally I had some control of myself again.  "thanks, Jake," I said, looking up at my friend.  I knew that I got a little irritated that he had no idea how I felt about him and all that jazz, but I was so happy that he at least was not oblivious to the fact that I had desperately needed a friend and to be held like that.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Weasley Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 am

I shook my head " don't you worry about it.." I said as I held her close and continued to rock us to attempt in any way I could to help Maggie. " We should maybe go inside?" I suggested.
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 am

I nodded and attempted a smile.  "Yeah, you're probably right," I said.  "I think I'm in need of a pick me up..."  I was not entirely sure what that pick me up would entail, but I needed to do something.  I could not just sit here and think about my brother.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:28 am

Grinning as I pulled her up, " well lucky you...you're with me..and I have no problem stirring up some trouble if you're willing." I said as I led the way back to the castle. " Although, I would like to get clean...i feel like I could give up position to me smelling.." I laughed looking to her. I would take it upon myself to make her pick me up something that could even temporarily help give her some comfort.
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

I could not believe that Jake was able to get me to smile right now, but I did. "I think that sounds like a pretty good plan," I said, nodding. "Especially the shower part." I had to attempt to tease him. He did smell a little ripe -- but I probably looked like a complete mess, so we were perfect for each other at the moment.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Laughing, " I can't blame you there..." I said as we walked, " Do you mind coming into the tower?" I asked it was weird we could get other people into the houses. They just had to not be listening when the password is given or just trusting them to forget. So, I led the way up the tower. " Any target in mind?"
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 pm

I shook my head and replied, "Not at all."  I followed him towards the Gryffindor Tower.  I knew that I would easily be able to talk to someone while waiting for him to get around.  Maybe Ren or Tori would be there so I could borrow them to get my face looking a bit more presentable.  I was sure my makeup was just a mess with crying.  I chuckled.  "Not really... you're the mastermind when it comes to causing mischief.  I'm normally the innocent bystander," I pointed out playfully.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Weasley Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:42 am

Grinning I want to make sure I can do everything to make her smile. We got to the tower and I led the way in. " I'll be back.." I said as I gestured towards the couch. Then taking my shirt off as I walked away. It will have to be a good one. We could do a classic prank and just get the slytherins. They don't count sometimes anyway. Now what to do. I let my thoughts run away with me as I got into the shower.
Jacob Weasley
Jacob Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:51 am

I smiled and watched him walk away and then I hunted down one of the girls to let me borrow some make up and a mirror to get myself a little bit more presentable.  Of course they chuckled at me a little bit, but I got myself around.  I did not reapply a lot of makeup due to the fact I was sure at one point I would end up crying again today... I did not want it to run a lot which it would.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next