Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not that far off -- June 1998

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not that far off -- June 1998 - Page 2 Empty Re: Not that far off -- June 1998

Post  Dean Black Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:34 am

I sat down in the empty chair and ran a hand through my hair.  I smiled slightly and said, "Thanks... there are tons more that we have."  I only put our favorites in here for him.  No use bombarding every single place with just pictures of our wedding.  "She's... been better," I told him honestly.  "I've been more worried about her these past few months than you.  She eats, pretends to act all normal... then the next second it's like she's lost.  Uncle Remus said I was like that for awhile, too.  But apparently I came to my senses and let reality slap me in the face."  I chuckled a little bit and sighed.  "The wedding was rough for her... despite all of our efforts -- still have no idea how it ended up playing -- but your guys' song started playing at the reception.  She hasn't been fine since then.  I don't know what happened that nigth when her and Uncle James were in here with you... I don't need to know."  I took a deep breath to keep my voice steady.  "Let's just say that I'm glad you're awake because if we would've lost you... I think we would've lost Mum, too.  And there's no way me or Lenni would've been able to handle that."  I sat there playing with my wedding band around my finger, spinning it around and around.  I was so relieved and I guess I didn't realize how much I was worrying about both of my parents until then.  "But anyways, I took care of Mum so she's at least been eating and whatnot.  We all try to keep her busy -- like they're out dress shopping right now."
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:36 pm

I was shocked to hear that, " I had expected your mother to completely forget about herself as it is what she does. She doesn't deem herself important when something is array. Which is ridiculous, I will be more than glad to see everyone. I heard that the ladies are all shopping. From what I hear they have quite the troop gone shopping." I said knowing Ember needed to get out and be herself. I couldn't wait to be home and have my own things. Ignoring the smell of St. Mungo's. " With my animagus I could sometimes hear things when people were visiting. When I wasn't really here...and yet I could hear it. Only sometimes though...not all the time.." I said explaining it to the boys. " Our song played and she hasn't been the same...hmmmm.....Well, George has brought a surprise idea for me to attend Lenni's wedding...." I told him.

" I know I missed yours and Addie's, I look forward to hearing all of the stories. I am so sorry I missed it. " I said to my son. He needed to know if he didn't already. " I don't like being in here..." I explained, " It smells funny..." Looking around the room I just knew how many people came here to see me. " I was flattered and flabbergasted. " I have been asked to walk Lenni down the aisle....I have to get walking again to do that...." I told the pair. " I doubt the ladies here are just going to let me get up and go." I said with a laugh. My bones still we sore, they felt very weak. " I am not feeling myself. At least I am awake though."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:42 pm

I smiled.  "Oh believe me... I know Mum would have been in here by your side for the past year without ever leaving had it not been for me and Uncle James.  I don't know if you'll recognize her, though... we'll see," I said, shrugging.  I was just glad that everything was working out... like I told Dad, I wasn't sure if I could handle losing them.  I looked over at George and we both chuckled.  "I'm sure we could easily help get you up and walking with it being a surprise for Lenni."  I wanted to focus on the happy parts of today, not the fact that I felt a little jealous of Lenni that Dad was going to be able to go to her wedding.  That was the main reason I didn't really say anything to Dad when he brought mine up.  If I dwelled on the fact, I feared that the jealousy would grow.  I knew it was stupid to be jealous over something like this; it's not like it was Dad's choice.  He was here because of me in the first place... so it was kind of fitting.  All magic came with a price... and Dad missing my wedding was the price.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2