Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betrayal Shouldn't Surprise Me -- November 1981

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Betrayal Shouldn't Surprise Me -- November 1981 - Page 2 Empty Re: Betrayal Shouldn't Surprise Me -- November 1981

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:01 am

I nodded and put my hand on her shoulder. "Tobi, I understand. People on the streets ask me why I look so glum... then they must either recognize me as a Potter or think I'm a muggle because then they get this knowing look and walk away without another word. Everyone has a right to be happy and hopeful," I told her, not wanting he rto feel bad for beign like that in front of me. "It's just that right now, I need to mourn my brother and sister. And to think... Dumbledore wont' even let us have Harry!" New tears burst from my eyes. My godson I couldn' teven see! "I have never hated Dumbledore in my entire life, Tobi... but I had a hatred burning in my heart because of him. He thinks it's safer for Harry with Lily's side of the family! Her sister who is so anti-magic that it's not even funny! How is Harry supposed to live? I'm his godmother and I can't even get to see him?"
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Betrayal Shouldn't Surprise Me -- November 1981 - Page 2 Empty Re: Betrayal Shouldn't Surprise Me -- November 1981

Post  October Monroe Bane Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 am

I wrapped my arms around Ember and held her.  "Can't you fight it somehow?  You're Harry's legal guardian now, aren't you?  That has to count for something..." I wanted to help ease her pain.  but I didn't know how.  It was all too deep and fresh for her... and I knew that it was going ot be along hard road for them.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:05 am

I sighed and wiped my eyes. "I probably could... but Tobi, am I foolish enough to argue with Dumbledore just because I want to see my nephew? I want to make sure he's okay... but do I want to see him just to be able to see a little part of my brother and sister? Harry's best interest should be what I'm concerned about. And if Dumbledore thinks this is it, who am I to argue?" I wanted to argue so much, though. harry had a right to know about his family and what he was going to be. I knew the Dursleys wouldn't do a damn thing to help him; they hated James and Lily. Why would they want to care for their son?
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:06 am

"But Ember... Dumbledore also trusted Peter," I countered quietly.  "Maybe his judgment isn't as good as what people think it is..."  I hated to make that comparison, but I wanted Ember to think that she had a fighting chance to save that boy from whatever it is he will have to endure with a wizard-hating family like that.  Ember had told me stories from what James had said to her.  It was unreal.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:19 am

I guess she was right. I sighed. "I don't know, Tobi... You know what? I am going to try to get Harry. He deserves to live with someone who cares about him," I said, giving her a hug. "Thank you..." I took another drink and looked at the time. I hadn't gotten word from Sirius. I had left him a letter to let him know where I had gone and why. Though the fear was no longer there as to needing to know we were safe, but still. It was there a little bit.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2