Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Truth -- Spring 1997 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Truth -- Spring 1997 (DONE) Empty The Truth -- Spring 1997 (DONE)

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:40 am

It had been a week or so since the attack.  Ayden seemed to be avoiding me -- or so it seemed since we could actually be together in public since the main people in my life knew we were together.  I saw him by the lake in the spot we had skipped rocks -- a place I like to call ours since not many people went down that far.  I walked up beside him and pulled my lightweight cardigan a little tighter since it was cooler down there than away from the water.  "Ayden, is everything alright?" I asked him.  I hadn't even gotten a chance to tell him how I felt after that night.  I had been too concerned about my dad, so I didn't feel the right moment to tell him.  And since he'd been avoiding me... clearly I hadn't had a chance afterwords.

Last edited by Lucy Lupin on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

The Truth -- Spring 1997 (DONE) Empty Re: The Truth -- Spring 1997 (DONE)

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:57 am

I had heard Lucy coming from a distance.  I figured I could have run or something.   had been keeping my distance from her for a reason.  I didn't want to talk baout my father.  I didn't.  I still had no news of whether or not he was alive or anything.  I doubt I'd hear it from him... but I had expected to hear about it from someone.  I turned to her and tried to smile.  "I've been better," I said honestly.  I felt so bad for her -- her dad was in the hospital and she needed me, and where was I?  Moping around wasn't going to help anyone.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

I went to put a hand on his shoulder and he pulled away. "Ayden... what's wrong?" I asked him, trying not to overreact and let tears come to my eyes. Why was he acting to distant?
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 am

"My shoulder is still sore," I told her, reaching for her falling hand.  "Lucy, I'm sorry.  I don't mean to hurt you."  I felt horrible.  My entire body hurt all over.  After having examined my shoulder more thoroughly, my father did bite me.  But it wasn't a full moon... so I wasn't sure what it had done to me besides making my body stiff and achy.  "How is your dad?"
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:22 am

I squeezed his hand. "My dad is iffy," I told him. "I doubt he'll be back at Hogwarts until next year with how everything is going. Even though he thinks it'll be by finals." I rolled my eyes, smiling a little bit at how strong my dad acted despite how bad he was. I looked at Ayden. "And I know you don't mean to hurt me... but when you ignore me, it kind of happens," I said, letting my gaze go across the water.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 am

I turned and put my arms around her from behind and rested my chin on her shoulder.  "I just didn't think that I was capable of doing what I did to him," I said quietly, our fingers intertwining.  Of course I was talking about my father.  "And the fact that I do'nt know what happened to him... I didn't think I cared this much about someone who was a monster."  My voice was so quiet tht if my lips weren't by her ear, I wasn't sure she'd hear me.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:28 am

I held onto his hands and wasn't sure what to say. Then an idea came to mind. "Well, we could always go look for him," I said slowly, knowing that I'd have to go through an overprotective family that now included Mum to go looking for Fenrir. But it was my boyfriend's father... and I can understand why he needed to know. "And he's your dad, Ayden. It doesn't matter who else he is... he's still your dad. Of course you care," I added, turning slightly to look at him.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:33 am

I let go of her and turned her completely, keeping my hands on her shoulders.  "I don't think we should do that," I said, tring not to sound over protective of her.  I mean, I knew I won't win any points with her dad letting her put herself in danger again.  "I might over the summer if I haven' theard anything... but Lucy, I don't think I could let you put yourself in danger."
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 am

I sighed. Why was everyone so worried about protecting em? I was barely hurt with the incident and everyone else was hurt so badly. Then I felt a little ashamed... they had all gotten hurt to protect me. "Well... I can maybe help out from the sidelines?" I suggested, wanting to help him in some way.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:08 am

I turned and smiled at Lucy. "When we decide what to do about him, I would love for you to help from the sidelines," I said, kissing her forehead. "So you're dad still thinks that he's coming back before finals even after the surgery?" I couldn't belive how tough her dad was. I mean... most people would be relishing the idea of people waiting on them, but not Profssor Lupin.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 am

I smiled at him gratefl that he wasn't going to be treating me like a little girl. "Yeah, he does... we'll see,' I said, shrugging. I didn't think anyone in their right mind would let him leave. "Ayden, I want to thank you for being there for me. I know that it must be really awkward beign aound my family with what happened..." I wasn't sure what was going to happen to us after this, but I loved him. And I wanted him to know. Especially since he said it to me a little bit ago.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 am

I wrapped my arms around her again as we looked out across the shore. "I'll survive," I told her, a weight that had been in my chest was suddenly lifted with just talking to her. She made me feel so much better about everything. Even if she didn't feel the same about me as I did her. Maybe that was why it took a year for me to tell her that I loved her... because I had an inkling that she didn't love me back.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:21 am

I was so grateful for his warmth in the cooler breeze. I had the sudden realization that he was as warm as my father and Will -- which is warmer than he used to be. I mean, obviously since he had werewolf DNA running through his veins in the first place he had always been a little bit warmer than the average person... but now he felt really hot. I swallowed and was almost afraid to ask him. "Ayden... when you stabbed your father, what all happened?" I asked him quietly.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 am

I tensed up slightly. "We fought, Lucy... I stabbed him," I told her. "What else would have happened?" I knew I shouldn't be this with Lucy. I sighed. "Alright... that's not all that happened. He changed and when he jumped at me -- when I stabbed him -- he got a hold of my shoulder."
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:30 am

I turned, staying in Ayden's arms, to look at him. I couldn't believe it. But it wasn't hte full moon... what was going to happen to him? "Ayden... are you alright?" I asked him, knowing how hard this must be for him.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next