Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It takes any man to be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad -- TBD

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

It takes any man to be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad -- TBD - Page 3 Empty Re: It takes any man to be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad -- TBD

Post  Regulus Black Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:15 am

I was startled slightly from his question and ran a hand through my long-ish hair and then to the back of my neck where I rubbed it.  "Well, I wanted you to know who I was... in case you wanted a relationship.  Don't get me wrong, I want to get to know you -- everything.  But I'm not going to push you.  Hell, I still can't believe it at times," I admitted.

"From your expression," I continued, "you know enough of the Black heritage that Lyn has told you... and I try very hard to be anything but like them."  Unless I was trying to be like my older brother, but Iggy need not know that detail.  "I also wanted to let you know that you always have a place to go if you'd like..."
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

It takes any man to be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad -- TBD - Page 3 Empty Re: It takes any man to be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad -- TBD

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:24 am

There was a sudden lump in my throat. I blinked several times and looked awkwardly at my feet. He barely knew me at all, but he was already willing to offer me a home; that was more than I'd had in a very long time. This was a chance to get out of a group home and into a real one. I'd never visited Madelyn while she went home for holidays, but she seemed to turn out all right. It couldn't be too bad. It had to be better than a damned orphanage, in any case. Maybe he wasn't like the other Blacks, after all.

Not expecting such a warm and generous offer, I felt my emotions getting the better of me. Before I could even try to compose myself, a sob-slash-cough-something spurted from between my lips. With a deep and shaky breath, I looked back at Regulus, still trying to hide the emotions that were overcoming me, and flashed a watery smile.

"I don't see the harm in giving that a try," I choked, nodding my head.

For all the angst that I had felt all these years--angst toward being abandoned by my father and traumatized by my mother's untimely death; angst at the Wizarding world for putting me back in this place each summer; angst with not knowing who I was, where I came from, or where I was going--I thought that I'd be much colder with my father. There was so much I hated him for, that I still hated him for, but just the idea of being back in a place that was welcoming, a place where I might find a sense of belonging, was certainly more appealing. 

I was going home.
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:51 am

I was utterly shocked.  He was agreeing to come straight away?  I had not expected this... I mean, I had hoped... but I was sure this boy would not want to come live with a man he did not even know.  I felt a grin spread across my face.  

"Really?" I said, my hope evident in my voice.  "If you need anything... or want anything to make things more your style or what have you... Aims and I will do our best to make sure that you get it straight away.  And things will be taken at your pace - no matter what."  

I wanted him to know that I was not expecting an instantaneous relationship.  I was willing to put in the work for it.  And, though Aimee did not know everything quite yet, she would be nothing but supportive of me and of Iggy.  Madelyn would probably despise me, but be pleased that she had a relationship already with her half-brother.  I knew that Lyn and I would have a bit of a tough break from here on, but she would hold none of it against Iggy -- that was who she was.  And, merlin, I would have to introduce a teenager to Xander... his very young half-brother.  Iggy was going to be walking into a mess at the house, but it would be family.  He would be loved -- and I knew that none of that would make up for the time I missed, but I hoped that it would be a good beginning for us.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:23 am

I was not entirely sure what to expect with any of this... but I had always dreamed of a home different than this. I nodded. "I don't know what will come of it," I said, wanting to remain distant. As much as I wanted a home, I was not going to fall for any tricks. Madelyn may have just gotten lucky; perhaps Regulus was going to treat me like dirt in the long run. My guard was still up -- but there was at least a small glimmer of hope.
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3