Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98? Empty Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98?

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:21 am

As wedding plans went underway, I was a little worried.  Granted, Michael was always the dad I had wanted all my life growing up... we were not blood.  I did not want to assume that he would give me away at the wedding.  I mean, he adopted us... but still.  I bit my lip and went over to my parents place.

I smiled at Mum when I walked in and gave her a hug.  "Mum, have you seen Dad?" I asked her, playing wiht the hem of my t-shirt.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98? Empty Re: Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98?

Post  October Monroe Bane Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 am

I took a taste of the icing I was making; I was preparing little pastries for the bridal shower that we were throwing for Jada the next day.  Molly and I were taking care of all the food and whatnot.  I was not about to let Molly do it on her own, though she nearly insisted that she would.  I smiled at Jada.  "No, honey, I haven't.  What's up?" I questioned, turning back towards the icing in the bowl in front of me.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98? Empty Re: Some people are so poor, all they have in money -- 1997/98?

Post  Michael Bane Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:14 am

I walked in and heard the ladies talking.  I poked my head into the kitchen.  "I'm right here, actually," I said to them.  I walked in and gave Tobi a kiss on the cheek and gave my daughter a hug.  "Making sure her baking is as good as Molly's?"
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I smiled and gave Michael a sideways kiss when he came in.  "Oh, stop it," I said to him.  "None of you have ever died from my cooking or baking before."  I put ome icing on my finger and let Michael take it off, much to Jada's eye rolling.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Though I was rolling my eyes like a good daughter at their display of affection, I was smiling.  I hoped that Fred and I were like that when we had kids.  "she is right about that," I pointed out to Michael, sticking my own finger in the icing and trying it.  "Delicious."  I gave Mum a smile.

"Dad, I actually had something to talk to you about, though," I said to him, wanting to get this out of the way... just in case I had to find a replacement.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 pm

I chuckled at Jada and then raised my eyebrows.  "She has that look she gets when it deals with the wedding," I whispered loudly to Tobi, teasing my daughter.  I grinned at her.  "Sure... is this something private?" I wanted to know if we were going to end up leaving the kitchen.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:38 pm

I rolled my eyes playfully.  "Erm... it's kind of private.  I think I'd rather talk to you alone.  Do you mind?" I asked, looking over at Mum, hopign she would willingly leave us.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:10 pm

I laughed at our daughter.  "Alright... but if my baking gets too delayed, Molly might just have to prepare everything," I teased.  I gave Michael a kiss on the cheek when I left and a loving smile towards my daughter.  I was not sure what Jada was up to,b ut I was sure I would hear all about it.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:27 pm

I chuckled and watched October leave.  I turned my attention to my daughter.  "Is everything alright?  Fred isn't driving you mental is he?" I questioned jokingly as I was sure it was the other way around.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:11 pm

I grinned at Dad and shook my head.  "No, I think that it might be the other way around," I teased, giving it right back at my dad.  I pushed my blonde hair behind my ear and took a graham cracker that was sitting on the counter and dipped it into the frosting Mum had made.  Eating it, I looked at him.  "I mean, I'm sure that I know the answer to this... but... well, you'll be there to walk me down the aisle, right?" I asked, biting my lip kind of nervously.  He was my dad, yeah, but not my real one.  I did not want to pressure him or anything.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:02 am

I broke into a grin and looked at my daughter, seeing how nervous she was to even ask me that question.  I stood up and went over to her, putting my hands on her shoulders.  "Of course I'll walk you down the aisle," I said to her gently.  "You didn't even need to ask."
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:07 pm

I was so relieved, hugging Dad back tightly.  I was so glad that he thought that way.  I grinned at him.  "Thank you," I said to him. "I figured you would... but with how things happened... I just wanted to make sure."  I knew that I sounded ridiculous now that I was explaining my reasoning to him.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:05 am

I had been listening and knocked on the door frame to see if I could come back in.  When they nodded, I grinned and gave my daughter a hug.  I was so proud of her.  "Oh, honey, you are so adorable," I said to her.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:20 am

I chuckled and still had one arm around my daughter's shoulders.  "I think so, too, but I am honored that you still thought you needed to ask," I assured her.  "I find it... suiting."
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:15 pm

I rolled my eyes at my mum, glad that Dad still had an arm around me.  "I think it's wonderful," I said, grinning like an idiot.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next