Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984 Empty Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:05 pm

I was out tending to the pumpkin patch behind me hut when I heard some ruckus near the front of the forest on the other side.  I shook me head and stood up to my lumbering size.  Now this really was enough... I was getting tired of chasin' kids away from the forest after Dumbledore told them it was ou' of bounds.  "Get away from there!" I yelled as I came aroun' the corner of my hut.  I saw red hair and softened my look slightly when I saw it was one of the Weasley boys.  They weren' so bad.
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984 Empty Re: Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984

Post  Charlie Weasley Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:48 pm

I jumped, rather startled by the booming voice I heard behind me.  I turned around to see the gamekeeper standing there.  "Er... I'm sorry, sir," I said, unsure what to call him officially.  "I was just trying to get this injured bowtruckle to come to me so I could help it... but its scared you see." I pointed to the animal so he could tell that I was speaking the truth.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984 Empty Re: Not Causing Trouble, Eh? -- Fall 1984

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:35 am

I looked at the lad, kind of startled by 'im calling me sir.  I shook my shaggy head at 'im.  "Nah, call me Hagrid, ev'ryone does," I said to him, smiling through my beard.  "Wha' happened to it?"  I moved closer to the Weasley boy, gettin' concerned 'bout an injured creature.
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:23 pm

I smiled at him.  "Okay, Hagrid," I said, nodding at him.  "And I'm not sure... I can't get close enough to it... it won't let me."
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 am

I nodded sligh'ly and sighed.  "Well, it looks ter me like yer goin' 'bout it all wrong," I told 'im.  "Follow me ter me hut and I'll show yeh how to catch a bowtruckle..."  I turned and headed back toward me hut, lookin' back ter see Charlie followin' me.
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:51 pm

I hesitated only a moment before following the gamekeeper to his hut.  "What's the trick that I'm missing?" I asked, nearly struggling to keep up with his big strides.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:24 pm

"Yer going after it withou' any wood lice," I said ter the boy simply.  "It won' let you look at it if it thinks yer tryin' to hur' it more."  After grabbin' some wood lice I had, I motioned fer Charlie to follow me back ter the edge of the forest.  We would see if the bowtruckle would let us look at it.
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:53 pm

I was nearly out of breath keeping up with Hagrid, but I followed him quickly.  I wanted to see how this was done.  "This... is... so cool," I said, panting slightly.  I watched him as he lured the bowtruckle with the wood lice to be able to check it over.  I stayed quiet, just watching in awe.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:53 am

I smiled over at Charlie and put a finger to me lips.  I helped the bowtruckle and noticed tha' it had broken one of its claws.  I shook my head and le' it go. "Tha'll grow back, it will," I explained to the boy.  "Nothin' ter do abou' it at the momen'."  Which, to me, was a bit depressin'.  I looked at Charlie.  "Wan' a cup o' tea?" I asked him.
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:53 pm

I smiled at the gamekeeper and nodded.  "Thanks," I said, following him back to the hut.  I was grateful when we finally sat down.  "How do you know all that stuff about the animals?" I asked him as he set some cakes in front of us while the water boiled over his fire for the tea.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 am

I smiled through my bushy beard at the redhead.  "This here is me life," I said simply.  "I love 'em all... they tend ter need someone ter look after 'em."  The whistle started to go on the pot, and I took it off the fire.  I poured us each a cup o' tea and added some tea bags.  "Sorry, I on'y have the bags."
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:49 am

I smiled at Hagrid.  "That's fine, thank you," I said, remembering my manners that my momma taught me.  "I would love working with animals."  I looked at him and smiled again.  "Want to know what creature I really want to work with?"
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:22 am

I was rather surprised by Charlie.  He was quite friendly.  I smiled at him.  "Me passion is dragons," I said ter him simply.  "Aren' they beautiful?" I looked at the redhaired boy and could see that he had a passionate look in his eyes.
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 am

I grinned broadly at the game keeper.  "I love dragons!" I said to him enthusiastically.  I was so upset that some people spoke ill of Hagrid.  He seemed pretty cool.  I liked him a lot.  "I would love to work with them.  I know all about the different types of dragons."
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubeus Hagrid Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Of course there was a reason I liked the Weasleys... especially when it came ter this one here.  "Really?" I asked, knowin' how ter interact with the younger students.  "Which is yer favorite species?"
Rubeus Hagrid
Rubeus Hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next