Let your conscience be your guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let your conscience be your guide

Post  Regulus Black on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:10 am

This was the part I was afraid of.  I had always been a hero in my daughter's eyes... and now... well, I had to tell her that I had abandoned someone in their time of need because I was a daft idiot when I was younger.  It would nto matter to her whether or not I was a mess and had wished I was dead.  That I had been going through a hard time and on my own and into drugs, alcohol, and, well, sex.  It was ridiculous.  I looked at my daughter sitting outside drawing.  I went and sat on the porch swing near where she was.  

"Lyn... we need to talk," I said to her.  I wanted her to be mad at me and not at Iggy.  I would take all the lbame because it was all mine to bear.
Regulus Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let your conscience be your guide

Post  Madelyn Black on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:53 pm

I looked over at Dad and smiled.  "Okay...?" I said, looking back at my drawing of the sunset with charcoal.  "I mean... you look rather glum, though."
Madelyn Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:46 pm

I shrugged and pulled out a cigarette.  "It's big news," I said to her slowly.  I lit up and took a drag, buying time to think of how I wanted to say this.  "I know what you were up to in England... trying to find Iggy's family heritage."  I figured I would start somewhere that we would be on the same page.
Regulus Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:19 pm

My eyes widened and I set the charcoal down, wiping my fingers on my already stained pair of jeans. "Dad, I swear... I did everything you always said if anyone ever mentioned England or anything.  I was Lyn Williams and that was it," I said quickly.  I did not want him to be angry with me.  I always knew he was stressed when he has a cigarette in his hand.  It was just something I had come to notice.
Madelyn Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:13 pm

I smiled slightly at her.  "I am aware," I said to her, "but Dumbledore knows much more than he ever lets on."  We both chuckled at that.  "He even figured out the answer to your question that you and Iggy had been searching for as well."
Regulus Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:56 am

I got rather excited at that fact.  "He did?  So... did he happen to tell you?  Iggy hasn't said anything..." I said, realizing that I was being a bit ridiculous.
Madelyn Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:09 pm

I nodded and knew that I had to tell her.  Iggy was my son and he deserved a family... even if it meant that I would have some strife; I wanted to be there for him.  I would have been, too, had I known that he existed in the first place.  "Lyn... I-I am Iggy's father," I said to her bluntly.
Regulus Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:18 pm

I stared at my dad, completely shocked.  "What?  You're Iggy's dad?" I questioned, wanting to make sure that I knew I had heard him correctly.
Madelyn Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:39 am

My hand was shaking worse than ever -- it did that with stress.  I took a drag from my cigarette knowing that I would be needing a drink as well later that night.  I nodded at my daughter.  "Yes... I never knew or I would have been there... I-I'm sorry, Lyn," I said to her.  I knew my daughter thought I was this grand person... but I was not.
Regulus Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top