Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like a river to a stream, it's the famous last scene -- August 1991

+5
Ember Potter Black
Dean Black
Cathleen Clearwater
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Remus Lupin
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Like a river to a stream, it's the famous last scene -- August 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Like a river to a stream, it's the famous last scene -- August 1991

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:24 am

I nodded at my mum, tears already blurring my vision.  "I know," I said to her.  "When are Remus and Chloe getting here?"  I wanted my big brother to  help me know that everything would be okay.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Like a river to a stream, it's the famous last scene -- August 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Like a river to a stream, it's the famous last scene -- August 1991

Post  Dean Black Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Ember Potter Black wrote:I bent down and helped to tie Dean's tie onto him.  "We're going to be needing to go soon," I said to him.  "Go downstairs and I'll check on Elena so I can help her finish getting dressed."
I nodded at my mum and went to the living room where we would Floo to the funeral place.  I was not entirely sure how to act, but Grandpa John was like the only grandpa we had... it was really sad.  I could not believe that oru only grandpa was gone.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Howell Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 pm

There were only a handful of people there when I arrived.  I was rather surprised, but then again, once he and Remus left, they kept a quiet life to protect our son.  I smiled slightly at that thought -- John did everything he could to help Remus.  I realized that I was going to be in an entire world that had forgotten about me a long time ago.  There was a little boy with colored hair and there were some older people there in robes of magenta.  I believed they might be some of John's old mates from the Wizarding court he had been a part of.

There was a woman who looked utterly devastated and I realized that was his widow.  The leaflets laying around informing everyone of John's preceding said that he left behind three children and a loving wife -- among grandchildren and a daughter-in-law.  I was happy to see that John had found happiness, but was saddened by it as well.
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniel Lupin Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:38 am

I stayed away from the front where Dad was and found a lady standing in the back.  "Who are you?" I questioned, not caring if I sounded rude or not.
Nathaniel Lupin
Nathaniel Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:49 am

Nate walked away from me and Mum, but it would be okay for now.  I went up to where Dad was and wiped away the tears that were falling down my cheeks.  I could not believe that Daddy was gone.  "Dad... I miss you already," I said to him, my voice full of tears like my eyes.  "You were supposed to walk me down the aisle... you were supposed to be there to celebrate my first job... give my boyfriends a hard time... everything.  What am I going to do without you?"
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:52 am

Mum got us to the funeral home;  Dad was there, too, but he was not necessarily there.  It was hard to explain -- I was only nine after all.  I went up to Penny, who was talking to Gramps.  I slid my hand into hers and squeezed it.  "Penny, I'm here... I'll walk you down the aisle for Gramps," I said to her, hating to see her cry so hard.  I just wanted to help even though I was really sad, too.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:56 am

Mum got us to the funeral home and I went over to a seat because I did not want to go up and interrupt Penny or anyone else.  This was not going to end well... I already had that feeling.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:22 am

I saw that there were a few Ministry officials there -- which made sense because John worked with the Ministry for a stint before Remus got bitten.  I was surprised, though, that he had kept in touch with them.  Perhaps he did not and they merely heard of hte news and wanted to apy their respects.  I saw Remus's mother standing at the back of the home and my eyes found Remus quickly.  It appeared as though he had not noticed her presence quite yet.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Well, Chloe got me to the funeral home.  Mum was speaking to people; Penny and Lucy were saying their goodbyes.  I did not see Nate at the moment as my eyes had become fixed on where my father was.  I could not move.  The girls finished their goodbyes and left.  No one else was up there.  I knew that if I went to him I would lose it.  I wanted to be so strong for my kids... for Chloe.  He had become a father to her, too.  This had to be just as difficult for her as it was for me.  

I had to, though, I had to go up there and say goodbye to the best man I ever knew.  I suddenly wished that Sirius or James or Peter were there to help me.  They would know the perfect way to help me.  chloe knew, yes, but it was different.  I slowly started towards the coffin and by the time that I got there, my legs almost felt like they were going to give out.  I was grateful that there was a ledge where people normally kneeled so I could collapse onto it.  I looked down at my dad; he was so peaceful looking.  He deserved peace.  I had put him through so much.  

The tears came to my eyes and I bowed my head as I managed to whisper aloud:  "Everything... it was all my fault.  You went through far too much because of me... I ran away and you had to give up your life for me.  I know, I know... you blamed yourself because Greyback would have never come after me if it wasn't for what you said."  I sighed, shaking my head.  "But putting any blame aside, you were the bravest and greatest man I have ever been honored to know.  You went through so much... but you were always there.  You always made sure things were okay.  I don't know how I'm going to do any of this without you... my entire life -- no matter how stupid the question or if I just wanted to talk -- you were always there."  My voice started to break and I felt the tears escape my eyes.  "I will never forget what you've done for me... I've already tried to pay it forward with Liam and everything... and I will make sure Chloe and the kids are okay... Nate and Penny.  I'll protect them for you.  I will make sure everyone is okay.  I promise.  I love you, Dad."  

Sobs started to wrack my body; I could not help it.  I felt arms wrap around me and they felt so... familiar.  I leaned into whoever it was and they stroked my hair in the way a mother would.  My breath and tears caught in my chest and I pulled away, realizing who it was.  Hope -- my mother -- was the one comforting me.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Howell Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:46 pm

I smiled at the little boy who came over to me.  I was going to speak with him when I noticed Remus up with his father.  Even though he was trying to hide it, I could still recognize the signs of his sobs.  A mother never forgets certain things.  I excused myself from the child and went over to my son as quickly as I could.  I could not help it.  I pulled him into my arms and he actually let me do so.  I started to stroke Remus's hair like I used to do the mornings after the full moons when he would be so tired and weak and scared and needed all the help he could get just to keep it together for the next month before he had to do it all over again.  I felt him shudder and he started to pull away.  

I let him and saw the shock on his face when he saw it was me.  "I'm sorry, dear," I said to him gently and quietly.  I was not sure what he would do or say and I had not intended to make my presence known to him...
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniel Lupin Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:40 am

I just watched the lady go out to help Remus and I had no idea what was going to happen.  I had no idea who she was and I noticed wary looks on people's faces.
Nathaniel Lupin
Nathaniel Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:54 am

I had let Hope know about John's funeral.  Since the wedding, we had sort of been in touch every now and again.  I knew that she would want to know about this... I just dwas not sure if she would show up.  I had not let Remus know... mainly because I did not expect this.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Lucy Lupin Greyback wrote:Mum got us to the funeral home;  Dad was there, too, but he was not necessarily there.  It was hard to explain -- I was only nine after all.  I went up to Penny, who was talking to Gramps.  I slid my hand into hers and squeezed it.  "Penny, I'm here... I'll walk you down the aisle for Gramps," I said to her, hating to see her cry so hard.  I just wanted to help even though I was really sad, too.
I turned and smiled at my younger cousin, giving her a huge hug.  "Well, you'll already have a job there," I said to her.  Yes, I was a typical girl and had my wedding planned out.  I hoped that Lucy would be my maid of honor when the happy day came.  "But thank you," I said gently.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:39 pm

I gave Penny a hug.  "Dad would walk with you," I pointed out, trying to come up with a solution.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Hope Howell wrote:I smiled at the little boy who came over to me.  I was going to speak with him when I noticed Remus up with his father.  Even though he was trying to hide it, I could still recognize the signs of his sobs.  A mother never forgets certain things.  I excused myself from the child and went over to my son as quickly as I could.  I could not help it.  I pulled him into my arms and he actually let me do so.  I started to stroke Remus's hair like I used to do the mornings after the full moons when he would be so tired and weak and scared and needed all the help he could get just to keep it together for the next month before he had to do it all over again.  I felt him shudder and he started to pull away.  

I let him and saw the shock on his face when he saw it was me.  "I'm sorry, dear," I said to him gently and quietly.  I was not sure what he would do or say and I had not intended to make my presence known to him...
With everything that had been said and not said between us, she was still here.  She was still trying to comfort me in a manner of speaking.  I would not start any sort of argument or similar situations with her because this was not the time.  I swallowed hard and attempted to compose myself.  "Why are you here?" I questioned, unsure of why I could not have said something more polite.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum