Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965

3 posters

Go down

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965 Empty When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965

Post  Jonathan Lupin Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:00 am

It was late at night and I was just getting around for bedtime.  I locked the doors and turned off the television -- one Muggle thing that would be the death of me, I was sure of it.  Hope brought with her to our home some of the Muggle contraptions.  I thought some were rather amusing compared to their magical counterparts, but rather enjoyed some of their other ones:  like pens.  Wizards still use quills and ink... pens just seemed so much more logical.  I sauntered to the bedroom at the end of the hall and looked in on our son.  Remus was sound asleep.  I kept his door slightly ajar, but closed it most of the way.

I went to the bedroom I shared with Hope and saw that she was putting on some lotion.  "He's sound asleep," I said to her.  Even six years after marriage, she was still the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  I loved Hope.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965 Empty Re: When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:25 am

I had been allowed to stay up late and finally went into bed.  I crashed hard... I sort of heard Dad check on me, but I just rolled over in my sleep.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965 Empty Re: When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears -- February 1965

Post  Hope Howell Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:26 am

I was sitting on the edge of the bed putting lotion on.  It was just one of my nightly rituals.  I smiled at John when he came in.  We were older when we had little Remus, but that did not mean that we could not keep up with him.  It just meant that it wore us out just as much as it did him when we let him do something out of the normal -- such as staying up late.  I stood up and wrapped my arms around John and gave him a kiss.  "That's good," I said, smiling.

I walked back to the bed.  "Because that means we can sleep just as soundly," I added playfully.  When we had Remus, we had talked about having another child for him.  But being a little older, we just did not think it wise for us.  It was a bit of a risky pregnancy with Remus and my age, so we thought it best to just spoil him rotten.  Which we did.  I pulled back our comforter and moved some decorative pillows to climb into bed.  John kept looking out the windows.  "Oh, John, what is it that has you so worried tonight?" I asked him.  He was never usually this restless.
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:47 pm

I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, removing my socks.  "Hope... it was the trial today," I explained to her, rubbing my face with my hands.  "It was clear that he was a werewolf!  They all laughed in my face and just let him go... he's still out there!  There were rumors that he escaped without memory modification."  What i had said in that courtroom... what would happen?  Would he come after us?  I had everything protected with extra charms and spells... but that did not mean anything.  I laid down and pulled my wife closer to me.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Howell Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:38 am

I put a hand on John's chest as I lay in bed with him.  "And what exactly did you say?  Just because you angered him doesn't mean he knows who you are and where we're living," I said to him softly.  "You already put protective magic in place, dear, won't that be enough?"  Besides, it was so late.  And I knew that Jonathan was worried, but I was not entirely sure what else could be done.
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 am

I sighed heavily.  "I spoke of werewolves just like everyone else.  It was out of frustration at the court for not listening to me," I explained to my wife.  I kissed her forehead.  "You are right, however, with the protection I have in place.  There is nothing else we can do to protect ourselves.  Get some rest, dear," I said to Hope.  I stayed quiet and looked up at the dark ceiling as Hope turned out the light in the bedroom.  She rolled closer to me and I cuddled her.  

I drifted off into a fitful sleep filled with nightmares -- and that was when the nightmare became real.  A yell echoed down the hall and was coming from Remus's room.  I jumped out of bed and Hope was right behind me.  Wand in hand, I rushed towards our son's bedroom.  The scene before my eyes was devastating.  A wolf -- a werewolf -- loomed over him with blood on his teeth.  My son's chest was ripped open and he was shaking fiercely and his eyes were rolled back in his head it seemed.

I felt Hope try to rush towards Remus but I stopped her with my free arm as I pointed my wand at the creature.  It rushed towards me, but I pushed it back with magic.  It seemed like forever before it fled out the window through which it came.  I had bested the beast, but not soon enough.  Hope and I rushed towards our son's bed.  As Hope tried to get Remus to wake up, I conjured wraps that I started to try to get the bleeding under control as I sent word to St. Mungo's for assistance.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

I had felt someone looking at me while I slept and I figured it was just Dad or mum checking on me.  But then I felt horrible pain and I screamed -- though it sounded like such a horrible noise I could not believe it was coming from my own mouth.  and that was when things went black.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Howell Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Though John had pushed me back to protect me, I still followed him to our son's room.  Once the beast was fended off, I rushed over to my son to hold him while he writhed in pain.  I looked up at John, fearful.  "What do we do?" I asked, my fear evident in my voice.
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:06 am

I was so shaken.  I looked at my wife who was holding our writhing son.  He was shaking so badly... and there was so much blood.  I conjured up some bandages and handed them to Hope.  "Put these on him to try to stem the bleeding," I said.  I was not entirely sure if I was going to be able to go to St. Mungo's... but he needed help.  What were they goign to think of him?  My mouth was so dry that I almost felt as though I could not speak.

Once she started to help stem the flow of blood, I went closer to her.  "I have to take him to St. Mungo's by Side-Along-Apparation," I explained.  "Use the Floo Network to get there, okay?  I can't take both of you at once." I knew Hope could do it in a normal state, but she was panicking like I was.  "Hope, he will be okay."  Though I could not promise that because I had no idea.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Howell Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 pm

I nodded and watched my boys go.  I had used the Floo network enough with John to be able to get to St. Mungo's.  Once there, a Healer noted the blood on me and quickly led me to where they were already starting to help Remus.  When they asked what had happened, I looked at John, wondering what he was going to say.  He had to know he had ot tell the truth... I knew there was a certain way to stop the bleeding when it came to werewolf wounds, but he knew much more than I did.
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Thu May 26, 2016 12:07 pm

A Healer rushed towards me the instant that I made it to St. Mungo's.  "He was attacked," I said, my voice shaking slightly as there was so much blood.  The Healer quickly looked over Remus and started to get to work while we moved towards a room.  

"Is it what I think it is?" she asked calmly, assessing his wounds.  

"Yes... it was a werewolf," I replied, wondering how she would react.  Her lips pursed together and she shook her head slightly.  

"There's not a lot we can do... but I need to get silver flakes and melt them down in a cauldron so I can apply it to the wounds; it's one of the only ways to stem the bleeding from bites," she explained to me as she pointed to the bed for me to put my son down on.  "Press these against his wounds... I'll be right back."

At least she was more concerned with helping Remus rather than judging what had happened.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Howell Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:15 pm

My heart was pounding in my chest as I stood back to let the Healer and John help our boy. I clutched the cross that was around my neck as they worked. The silver that was necessary to help the blood flow cease was as it should be and they started to use it as needed. Even though I was in the magical world for a handful of years, this was all still new to me -- the medical area of it, anyways.

Finally the Healer stepped away from my son. She nodded at me and I went to his side. Remus looked so pale. "Will he be alright?" I questioned, my voice strained.
Hope Howell
Hope Howell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down