Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999

2 posters

Go down

So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999 Empty So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999

Post  Mia Slughorn Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:49 am

This was it:  I was finally going to see my son again after all these years.  He reached out to me and set a date to meet.  Would he hate me?  Did he realize how hard I have been trying to find him?  I just had no idea where to look.  As explained by my father, he at least had proof of who I was and the heritage that he had.  I was so nervous.  I had no idea what to expect.  It was a dank place that he chose to meet at.  I had a feeling it was to make sure no attention was brought to him.

It was still chilly in the little pub and I wrapped my jacket closer around me.  It was clear it was a place wizards went to, though, because magic was all around me:  cloaks, books, owls, you name it.  I just waited, unsure of what was going to happen.
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999 Empty Re: So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:23 am

I had spoken to Juniper about this before setting the meeting to see my mum - my biological mum.  I had no idea what to expect.  It was mental to think that I was related to Slughorn... but I knew it to be true with the way my own dad had given me the inormation that I just recently found again.

I could see a woman with dark hair and light skin sitting at a table looking nervous when I looked through the window of the pub.  That had to be her.  I realized I was very guarded.  I walked inside and went over to the stranger who seemed familiar nonetheless.  "Mia?  Mia Slughorn?" I asked her, not entirely sure if it was her.  But from the pictures that Slughorn showed me, it was her.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999 Empty Re: So many things I shouldn't have missed -- November 1999

Post  Mia Slughorn Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:04 am

I looked over and smiled at him.  There was my son, all grown up.  He almost looked frightened of me, though.  Tears came to my eyes and I fought them back.  "Yes, I'm her," I said to him.  "Lincoln?  Is that really you?" I could hear caution in my own voice.  How long have I been searching for him?
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 am

I was extremely guarded.  I mean, I knew she was my biological mother, but I had no idea if I would ever consider her my mum.  Chloe had that title and that was a very high bar to meet.  "Yeah, I'm Lincoln," I said to her, sitting down.  "Lincoln matthews... you knnew my dad, Riley..."  I really had no idea how to even begin any of this.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Mia Slughorn Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:21 pm

I smiled at him and sat down when he did.  "Of course I knew Riley," I said to him.  I adjusted my seat and just stared at him.  "I never thought I'd find you again... or rather, that you'd find me."
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:16 pm

I swallowed, not entirely sure what was going to happen with this.  I was extremely nervous.  "I never gave you a thought, honestly, because my dad never told me Genevieve was not my real mother... not until he was murdered.  Then I pushed all of that out of my mind," I explained to her honestly.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Mia Slughorn Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Even though it hurt to hear him say that, I could not blame Riley.  He thought they had killed me.  The look of sorrow on his face... I was just glad that he saved our son.  I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  "I cannot blame you for doing that," I said to him gently.  "I have sort of been filled in by Dad about what had happened to you... I wish I could have saved you from all of that."
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:02 pm

I just stared at her.  "Didn't you have a thought that my dad would be the one who had me?  Why not come forward?" I asked.  I wanted to hear it from her rather than what Slughorn thought was the case.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Mia Slughorn Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:43 pm

I thought Dad had said he told Lincoln all of this.  Perhaps this was just his way to make sure we were speaking the truth.  I could see the distrust in his eyes even though he appeared to be trying not ot let it show.  "It took a long time for me to recover from the injuries I sustained during the torture," I said to him slowly.  I still had nightmares about that night.  The fear of what would come of myson still haunted me.  "Fear kept me hidden for so long, though I did try to figure out what happened... by that time, however, Riley was dead.  There was no record that I could find to show where you went or what really all happened."  That was the truth.
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:19 pm

I wanted to be open minded; I wanted to have my real mum.  She had to know, though, the truth of what happened to me.  I was sure that Professor Slughorn told her what I had said and what happened to me; it would just be better if she heard it from me.  "I understand injuries from torture -- I basically went through torture the entire time that I lived with Dad and Mother," I said to her darkly.  "I had guilt and fear and pain -- every bloody day... I had always hoped that it would not last.  I owe everything to Chloe and Remus for taking me in."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Mia Slughorn Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Lincoln's words were like daggers in my heart and I felt so bad for my son.  I felt tears come to my eyes.  "Lincoln, I am so sorry," I said to him sincerely.  "I know I can never reverse what happened to you... but you came to find your family and I'm it.  I can't even begin to make it up to you or anything like that."
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:34 pm

I leaned back in the chair a bit.  "I don't know what I was hoping to find when I went searching for answers as to who you really were," I said honestly.  "The Lupins are my family now.  I just... I guessed I hoped that there would be some better reason than fear that would keep my biological family from finding me."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Mia Slughorn Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 pm

I could not believe what I was hearing. He was right, though. it was fear that kept me away from my own child. I broke eye contact and wiped away a tear. "Lincoln... you're right. I was scared. I have no idea how you made it through everything -- but I am so proud of the man you have become. I am so thankful for the Lupins who adopted you and got you away from that situation." There was just nothing I could say to change anything that my son was feeling or thinking about me or my father.
Mia Slughorn
Mia Slughorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down