Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018

2 posters

Go down

I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018 Empty I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018

Post  Nolan Greyback Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 am

I had attacked Remus Lupin upon Lestrange's request.  In fact, it was revenge for what he did to my father.  I had hated that.  I hated Lupin since Dad died six years or so ago.  I could not handle it anymore.  It was a fine line to walk and I had hoped that Ayden and I could keep our relationship during everything, but did we ever really have a healthy one to begin with?

I was waiting for it to come to a head like this -- the tension between the Greybacks and Lupins ever since Ayden and Lucy got together.  And there it was, knocking at my door.  I knew that it was Ayden, even without using my werewolf senses.  I stood up and went to the door. 

"I was expecting you," I said to him, moving aside to let him come into the house. I could tell he was furious and hurt and everything else.  I followed him into the living room, knowing that he would at least be logical because that was just who my brother was.
Nolan Greyback
Nolan Greyback

Back to top Go down

I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018 Empty Re: I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018

Post  Ayden Greyback Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:16 am

I wanted to talk to Nolan -- to give him a chance.  he was my brother.  He did not always act this way... well, not when we were younger.  I nodded at him and walked into the living room, rubbing the back of my neck out of stress.  I turned to look at my brother.  "How could you do this?!" I said, emotion straining my voice.  He was supposed to be my big brother.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018 Empty Re: I know some things just need to stay broken -- 2017/2018

Post  Nolan Greyback Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 am

I stared at my little brother with complete calm.  "He should have died," I said simply, "after what he did to our father.  An eye for an eye, you know?  But consider this one last thread of respect for you, Ayden, that I let him live."  Granted, Lestrange wanted me to kill him... but I had my little brother to think about.  I did not want to cross the line completely; at least this way, there was still a chance Ayden and I could find a way to stay brothers.
Nolan Greyback
Nolan Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am

I stared at Nolan with complete shock.  "You let him live out of respect for me?" I repeated, disbelief in my voice.  "If you respected me at all, you wouldn't have even gone after him!  Dad tried to hurt Lucy -- I still don't know what he would have done to her.  He bit and hurt so many little kids... you included!  Lupin had no choice but to defend his child.  What were you defending?  A dead monster?"  I could not believe that he thought he was doing me a favor.  We were brothers.  he should not have gone after my father-in-law in the first place.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Greyback Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:49 am

I shook my head at Ayden.  "I belonged in this family far more than you ever did, Ayden," I said to him sadly.  "I am one who stood by Dad and the traditions set in this family.  You... the rebel child.  He was so disappointed in you.  I always thought there'd be hope.." I sighed.  "Apparently I was wrong."

I hated having this conversation with Ayden, though it had been a long time coming.
Nolan Greyback
Nolan Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:10 am

I shook my head sadly.  "It is you that has no hope, Nolan," I said to him.  "I am tired of making excuses for your behavior... I am done trying to help your daughter... you've made your choice.  and it clearly was not family."  I was not entirely sure why I was so surprised... perhaps I wished that my brother was still in the man that stood before me somewhere.  It was clear that he was no longer any brother of mine.

"I am putting my family first.  If you come near Lucy or any of the Lupins or my family, Nolan, it will not end well for you," I warned him.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Greyback Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:58 pm

"You're standing with the family that viewed lycanthropy with such disdain that it took having one in the family to change their minds?  You are aware that Dad had me bite the younger one," I added as Ayden had started to turn away from me.  "I am what I am, Ayden. I  embrace it.  You and the whole lot of them fear what you are."
Nolan Greyback
Nolan Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:35 pm

I stared at Nolan as if seeing him clearly for the first time.  "You're the one who bit Nate when he was merely five?  I thought you only became as dark as Dad when you graduated... clearly I was wrong.  You sure had me fooled, though," I said to him, shaking my head and trying to keep tears out of my eyes.  This was the brother whom I had loved... but not anymore.  Where had that person gone?
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Greyback Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:04 pm

I laughed at Ayden.  "Please, don't act as if you ever cared about your older brother or anything along those lines.  You were mum's precious little golden child.  I was Dad's pet basically.  If I didn't conform to what he wanted, I would've died.  You know that.  So that's what I did when you went off having a normal life... then Mum died.  It was devastating for all of us, but you thought only you cared," I ranted, pacing and nearly growling.  I had never spoken of this to my brother before; I was not one for feelings or anything of hte like.

"Then you went off with Lupin!  You chose Lupins over your own family!  What else did you expect me to do?  Love them like you do?  Of course not!"  I threw my hands up in the air as I yelled at my younger brother.
Nolan Greyback
Nolan Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:27 pm

I wished I could do something for my brother, but it was far too late for that.  "Nolan, I always was there for you and wanted the best for you," I said to him honestly.  "But... I couldn't even attempt to help you because of the way Dad had you.  I tried, though, you just were never able to see it.  I'm sorry for that... but it gives you no excuse to do what you've done."
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down