Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997 Empty A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997

Post  Evan Potter Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:52 pm

I was sitting in the common room, working on some homework.  I would have ended up going outside to work on it, but today it was rainy and I did not want many distractions anyways.  I heard someone walk over towards me and i glanced up without really caring who it was until I saw that it was Jetty.  I put my quill down quickly, not really wanting to do the homework anyways.  "Hey... why the long face?" I asked him, readjusting my sitting position into one a bit more comfortable than one spent leaning over the table in front of me.
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997 Empty Re: A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:35 am

I had to tell Evan everything.  He deserved the truth.  And, now that I was able to get the courage to tell Dean and the others, I had to tell Evan.  Even if it meant that the odd friendship we had would end.  "Evan... I've been lying to you," I said to him bluntly.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997 Empty Re: A lie is a good story ruined by the truth -- Spring 1997

Post  Evan Potter Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:37 am

I looked at Jetty, startled by his revelation.  "Erm... what?" I said, disbelief in my voice.  I was so used to people lying to me... but Jetty was a friend.  I thought we had an understanding that we would not lie to each other.  He knew more about where I had come from and everything before anyone.  And, to be honest, no one else truly knew the entire story -- even Professor Lupin only knew part of it.
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:42 am

I was not sure how I would be able to make sure that he would not hate me, but that was beyondmy control now.  "Evan, your parents and sister... Peter lied to you.  They're alive," I said to him honestly.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Potter Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:17 am

I stood there, staring at Jetty.  I could not believe what he was saying.  "They aren't alive... I remember them... but... Jetty, you don't understand," I said, grabbing my own wrist where my burn scar was.  "They were set afire... I lost control..."
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:31 am

I had never known what had happened with Evan and what Dad had said to him.  I sighed and was trying to figure out how to convince him.  "Evan, no... I've seen them.  I promise you," I assured him.  I wish I had proof.  "Look, I wish that I could prove it to you.  And I'm sorry that I haven't told you sooner.  But you know how my dad is.."
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Potter Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 pm

I just stared at Jetty.  How could he betray me so much?  I took a few deep breaths, trying to think about the happiness of my mum and sister being alive.  Though I had the memory of causing the fire that killed them!  I lost control of my magic!  "Jetty... how can they be alive?  I remember... a tleast, I think I remember... they died," I finished matter-of-factly.
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:15 pm

I shook my head at Evan.  "Ev, my dad lies.  I think we both can agree iwth that.  He lies to get what he wants.  He's manipulative," I said to my mate.  He had to realize that.  He should know this, really.  Especially if he lived with him at random times.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Potter Mon May 04, 2015 1:20 pm

I knew that.  But how could Jetty be as manipulative as his father?  Why did he lie to me?  I clenched my jaw.  "But if they are alive, why did you keep them from me?!" I shouted at him, glaring at Jetty.  He was supposed to be my mate.
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 pm

I knew that this was going to go down this way.  I sighed.  "Evan, I was scared of my dad.  And, if I would have said something sooner... he might have gone crazy and hurt them or moved them or something like that... I'm sorry, mate."  That was the most I could do, really... is just to apologize to my best mate.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Potter Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 am

I wanted to rant some more, but he threw logic at me.  He was right; Peter would have hurt them had Jetty told me that they were alive.  Because we both knew that I would have confronted Peter straight away.  "So when is this going ot happen?" I asked, resigning myself to the fact that I could not be angry with Jetty... and I knew that I would not be allowed to help.
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:04 am

I looked at Evan and took a deep breath.  "In a few nights' time," I replied to him honestly.  "I'm going to distract my dad, hopefully, long enough for Dean and Harry to get them.  I'd have you help, but... well, you're not supposed to know they're alive."
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Potter Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:34 am

I could not believe it.  I nodded.  "Best not to get too many involved... it might be worse if I helped.  I don't want it to be worse... just... let me know when they're okay, okay?" I said to Jetty.  I wanted to be involved so badly.  I just did nto want to be a part of making it worse or getting anybody hurt.  I was two years younger, so I had less magical training.  I knew this was the best way to do things... I just wanted to be involved.
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:07 am

I put a hand on Evan's shoulder.  "Look, you'll know the instant we get them safe," I assured him.  "Besides, it's not like anyone is trying to hide any of this from you anymore.  You'll be able to see them again.  But don't make it be in a hospital bed in St. Mungo's or something..."  It was the best thing I could tell him as of right then.  Besides, I did not want to have to look out or worry for another person like I was with Dean and Harry.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Potter Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:12 am

I gave Jetty a look.  Evne though eh was two years older than I was, I did not need him to be condescending.  However, I knew that he was just trying to do the best he could in an impossible situation.  "Fine," I agreed reluctantly.  "But if I don't hear from you... I'm going to be pissed."
Evan Potter
Evan Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum