Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995

3 posters

Go down

Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995 Empty Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:23 am

I opened my eyes blearily.  I had gotten into a huge fight with my grandparents and had barely managed to get myself to St. Mungo's.  I was not entirely sure what was going on, but I knew that the only Healer I trusted was the one who was at the foot of my bed reading my chart.  "Mrs. Lupin," I said weakly.  I wanted to know how bad it had been.  I was not entirely sure if I had ever been this hurt before.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995 Empty Re: Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 am

I looked up to meet his eyes, " Hello Mr. Matthews....how are we feeling?" I asked him the first question that we are supposed to ask. I didn't like the way it was looking for his grandparents though. This is the worst he's been in a while. I gave him an encouraging smile. We will work on getting you better and then you can tell me what you can remember." I told him as I walked over to his monitors.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995 Empty Re: Never before have I seen it this bad, never again -- Summer 1995

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:30 am

"Like I got hit by a train," I replied, wanting to adjust myself but being unable to really move my left arm without causing a great deal of pain in my collar bone.  I blinked a few times and started to look at myself and realized where I was feeling my pains.  My right thigh, my left collar bone area, my right arm was hurting, and my left hand was bandaged.  "You haven't contacted authroties, have you?"  If that was done... I knew this would just be the beginning with my grandparents.  I did not have that much more time to deal with them -- and it was only over the summer.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 pm

I shook my head, " No I haven't contacted them yet." I said simply. Did I tell this boy my plan. No I didn't I needed to speak with Remus. Should I bring it up to him. No I shouldn't. This young man cannot stay with them. I will not allow it if its the last thing I do. He will be leaving that dreadful place. Remus knows I want to help him badly. I was curious if I could contact Remus after I checked on him to see about putting things into action to get him out of that house and come to live with us. " Also, it will feel like that for a little while. The pain medication should be kicking in shortly though." I informed him. He needed someone to help him. He didn't want to tell anyone in fear from his family. Well, that is going to be done with. I am tired of seeing this boy in one of my rooms. This was it and he was coming to live with us if its the last thing I do. No ifs ands or buts.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:48 am

"Okay, good," I said quietly, knowing that there was no point in lying about what happened to me.  Professor Lupin knew exactly what was going on and I knew that Healer Lupin did, too.  From the handful of times I had come in here with her helping me to Professor Lupin telling her everything.  "You know I only have the rest of this summer and next to get through and I'm out of there," I said to her, knowing that she hated what I went through.  "It's fine..."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 am

I felt the grip on my clip board go tighter as if it were almost about to snap. Looking to him I wanted to smile, " It is not fine. This is unacceptable. " I told him as I continued looking at his monitors and checking pulse.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:25 am

I sighed, knowing that she would not change her opinion about anything.  I would not either, really, but I only had a little longer.  I hated feeling vulnerable like this.  

"I know it's not," I agreed with her, trying to shrug still.  "It's just the hand I've been dealt.  I'm a survivor..."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:28 am

I nodded as I wanted to beat this kids grandparents to a bloody pulp. I couldn't take this, I need to talk to Remus he is coming home with us. They want to take me on bring it. I couldn't wait for the fight. " I'll be right back"
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:11 am

I watched her leave and closed my eyes.  The fight flashed before my eyes.  I had never seen them that angry before... they were livid.  Over nothing.  It was always over nothing.  I was so bloody tired of things being over nothing.  I tried to act like it did not bother me.  I tried to act like I would make it through.  But what if I was just fooling myself along with others?  I felt my throat get tight and I felt tears burning behind my eyelids.  it had to be the pain potions that they had given me.  I never got emotional when it came to my life or my family... at least, I tried not to get that way.  It was not worth it to.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:37 am

I was not taking this anymore, I walked into my office which thankfully had my own fireplace pulling out some powder " Lupin Cottage!" I shouted as I started pacing waiting for my husband to appear.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:03 am

I had a rather difficult full moon, but I always made myself get around and do things.  It was the best thing for me.  Will and Lucy were off doing their own things with being fifteen and fourteen after all... I knew Nate was fine -- Mum told me so.  I had nothing to really do today.  So I read a book.  Nearly an entire book in the afternoon.  I had walked inside to get some iced tea when I hit a decent pausing point when I saw Chloe in the living room.  I glanced at the clock thinking that I had been out there longer than I was, but I was not.

I took my drink into the living room and set my book down on the end table.  "Chloe, love, what is it?" I asked her, knowing she would not have come home during the middle of her shift unless it was something important.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:16 am

Stepping through the fireplace, " I will not see that boy in my hospital room again thanks to people who are supposed to be his grandparents! I will not treat broken bones on a CHILD!" I shouted as I started pacing as I was talking to him. " He needs out......he needs help." I stopped turning to him to see what he thought. Even though I didn't really go into detail he better know who I mean. " He needs to have a home."
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 am

I let Chloe rant and just took a sip of the iced tea.  I leaned against the door frame as she did so.  I was not going to inside when she was yelling.  When she calmed down just a tad, I pushed off the frame and walked completely into the room.  I put a hand on her shoulder.  "Chlo, breathe," I said to her patiently.  "I know Lincoln needs help... there just has not been a lot of options in helping him, love.  Unless..." I paused, thinking of her saying he needed a home.  I raised my eyebrows at her. 

"You think?" I questioned, knowing what she was getting at.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 am

I nodded, " Yes...I was thinking..." I pointed out. " You know he should have a home that he's happy and not being tortured." I said to him. " One where he can come home and have a room that means something....something that means to him. Have holidays..." I said as I grinned. So glad we were on the same page.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:07 pm

I flashed a smile at Chloe.  "You know I have a soft spot for cases such as this," I said to her.  "If you really want to do this, I'm behind it one hundred percent."  I hated what was happening to Lincoln.  There was only so much a professor could do outside of school.  But if we both went to get him out of that place... it could work.  And he would live here and have a home.  A real family.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down