Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997 Empty All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:18 am

I wondered if I had indeed found out who I was looking for.  I watched as a man sat on the front porch smoking and it seemed like he was grading some papers.  It was the dead of winter and I was surprised to see him outside.  I ould never had pegged him as a professor of any kind, not while he had been at Hogwarts anyways.  I started towards the porch, amazed that students listened to a man dressed such as he.  I tapped on the wood on the railing as I started up the steps.  "Remarkable that you have remained hidden all of these years, Regulus," I commented, looking at the teenaged boy who turned into quite teh young man.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997 Empty Re: All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:22 am

I barely glanced up when I saw someone walking pu the steps but nearly blanched when I realized it was Professor Dumbledore walking up them, looking out of place in his robes.  Was he trying to blow our cover?  And how did he find us?  I stood up quickly and ushered him inside, the warmth rather welcoming.  "How did you find us?" I asked, my cigarette still loosely hanging between my lips.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997 Empty Re: All I want to do is fix my mistakes -- Early Winter 1997

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 am

I chortled slightly.  "Ah, Regulus, when did you start that nasty habit?" I asked him, shaking my head as I walked to sit in the living room.  I looked at the pictures he had hanging on the walls.  I saw he married Aimee Thoas.  Their children were quite a few years apart.  They all looked happy.  I turned around to see that Regulus ahd not followed.  "Or do you prefer Reese Williams these days?" I called back to him.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:25 am

How did he know I had been Reese Williams?  I walked into my living room.  "Why are you here?" I asked him.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:25 am

He was not up for pleasantries apparently.  "Your daughter and a friend of hers paid me a visit over the Chirstmas holiday," I said, looking at Regulus.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:26 am

I stared at him.  "Lyn came to you?  In England?" I asked.  She never said... how dare she break rules that severely.  I had told her that it was so dangerous for her to go there despite her curiosity.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:27 am

I smiled at him. "So her name is Ly," I noted.  "She used hte last name Williams so I was not sure if she used an alias as a first name as well."  I sat down on the couch and waited for him.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:28 am

She was sneaky... but at least she was smart enough to use the last name I used in the Muggle university at which I taught.  "Wh are you here?" I repeated.  Saying Madelyn visited him was not a good enough reason for him to come hunt me down.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:29 am

I looked at Regulus over the top o fmy half moon spectacles.  "Her friend was looking for his father," I stated, crossing my legs and folding my hands neatly.  "He had a locket with the crest of Slytherin on it, with a note from a man... R.A.B."
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:29 am

I just sat there staring at Professor Dumbledore.  What?  "I don't know what you're talking about," I told him.  How had that fallen into some kids' hands?
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 am

"Regulus Arcterus Black," I said softly.  I could tell that Regulus had no idea of the young man I was speaking of.  "You do know the locket, though.  I can tell you do."  I saw right through his facade.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 am

I lit another cigarette.  "What exactly are you getting at, Professor?" I inquired.  But I had a feeling I knew.  That first year I was here I made horrible mistakes -- drinking a lot, smoking, drugs, sleeping around.  I had a hard time remembering what I did during that time.  Then I got clean, Aime and I found each other, adn the rest is history.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:32 am

I softened my gaze as I looked at Regulu.  "I believe your son found me," I said simply, gauging his reaction.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Wed May 28, 2014 7:33 am

"My son is two years old and knows who hi father is," I said slowly.  But then the memories I suppressed came to the surface.  The one person that helped me get past the darkest part of my life while in the States.  But then I ended things with her and left to start my life on my own.  I did not want to drag her down with me.  "Does he have a name?" He would have to have her last name... had to.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 28, 2014 7:34 am

I looked at Regulus.  "His name is Ignatious Harper," I said, trying to see his reaction to the name.  It woudl tell me all I needed to know.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next