Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I knew that there was something about you....how can I help? ---December 1975

5 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

I knew that there was something about you....how can I help? ---December 1975 - Page 7 Empty Re: I knew that there was something about you....how can I help? ---December 1975

Post  James Potter Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:23 pm

I stopped and looked into those green eyes she had.  I could see the honest truth in them; all she wanted to do was to help.  I let out a breath I had not realized that I was holding.  "He doesn't need anyone else giving him strife," I said to her.  

John was a great guy -- and he wrote a few books about dark creatures.  But they had a lot of hospital bills that no one really realized and that was why Remus always tended to have shabbier and older things.  None of us cared, but other students would say things.  And the always said something about the way Remus looked sometimes -- and some of them noticed new bandages that Pomfrey had to put on him after full moons.  Thankfully there were less of those now that we were Animagi.

I ran a hand through my hair.  "He's my brother and I will do everything I can to protect him," I warned her gently.  "So thank you for not saying anything.  It's not his fault... and it isn't who he is."  I had no idea why I felt like I had to clarify any of that with Evans.  She was a good person -- one reason why I fancied her.  But I wanted to make sure she knew that I would help him through anything... including putting him before Lily Evans.  Something I would never tell him,t hough.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

I knew that there was something about you....how can I help? ---December 1975 - Page 7 Empty Re: I knew that there was something about you....how can I help? ---December 1975

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:06 pm

I nodded, " I understand, trust me." I told him. " I'm not about to hurt him at all rest assured." I explained. I thought it was admirable how he protected everyone around him. Smiling I couldn't help myself " you look cute all determined, protective." I smiled. I know what he meant though. " I know why he doesn't tell anyone and trust me I know that's not who Remus is. Not one bit."
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:14 am

I smirked, cocking an eyebrow at her.  I gathered my usual air about myself.  "Cute, eh, Evans?" I asked.  "Well... I may have to keep that in mind.  And make it known you called me cute."  I stepped away from her, knowing she would probably take a playful swing at me.  

I ran a hand through my hair, losing the pompousness I had going on again.  "And at least it was you figuring it out rather than, I dunno... someone who has it in for Remus," I said, my mind automatically going to Snivvy, but I was not going to flat out say it.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:09 am

Attempting to put a scowl on my face failing miserably. " Oh be quiet." I said simply as I was smiling. " Yeah, I don't know why anyone would have it out for him to be honest." I said as it came easy to me to not judge a book by its cover. I was happy we're having a nice chat. We were getting close to the kitchen, " It always creeps me out at night and yet has this odd calm about it.." I said referring to the castle. After things happen I rarely go out at night by myself. I don't see it being to safe. I just wasn't sure about it really.

" Can I ask you something?" I asked him. " What is so special about me?" I asked. I was of course just curious. " I mean I see you with other girls and whatnot ....but I mean....what is it about me...I'm not anything special.."
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 am

I was glad that Lily thought that way about Remus.  He needed more people on his side.  "Yeah... the castle can be dark sometimes," I agreed with her.  "But I know plenty about the castle to be perfectly comfortable about everything."  Me and the guys were so great with everything.  We were creating the map, after all.

I looked over at her, walking quietly with my hands in my pockets.  I was not expecting that at all.  I sighed.  "You're a bright witch, Evans," I said to her.  "You're witty, you put up with all of my crap... you try to see the best in people -- even if it is Snivellus -- but then you see the best in Remus, too, so I've gotta at least try to understand why you try to be nice to Snape."  I shrugged.  "I dunno... you're just a good person.  You don't see many of those anymore, I guess."

I did not look at her.  I had not expected myself to tell her so openly why I fancied her.  Yes, she was gorgeous.  Her red hair, green eyes... but then again, it was so much more than just her looks.  And that was why I wanted to tell her.  But, I never thought I would be so candid.  I felt my cheeks get a bit pink, so I was grateful that she could not see clearly in the dark corridors.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:02 am

I gave him a smile " I know you're opinion of Severus is a poor one to say the least but he's the one who helped me with petunia....." I explained. I know it doesn't make sense to him. " when I was called freak Severus helped me.." I explained not sure of how to really respond to him. Getting to the kitchen I set to work finding the kettle and start making it as the elves tried to help us. " it's okay we can handle some tea" I repeated myself, looking to james " I try to be a good person no matter who they are." I said as we waited for the water to boil.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:17 am

I leaned against one of the tables, gladly taking a little pasty from one of the elves.  Taking a bite out of it, I chewed to mull over what she said about Snivvellus.  I guess what Snivvy did for her was sort of similar to what I did for Padfoot.  I could understand that, but then again, Sirius was not always out to get my best mate like Snivvy was.  I was watching Lily as she went about making some tea.  I graciously took another pasty from another house elf.

"I can at least acknowledge that, but it doesn't change the way I view him.  Not with the way he treats Remus," I told her simply.  It was the best that I could do.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm

I nodded to him, " I understand that....really.... I just can't push away the fact he has helped me. I will in no way support him to be bothering Remus. I try to stay out of stuff ...and keep the peace, I realize it sounds stupid..." I said as the tea was made to everyone's likes. " Let's go back" I said as I turned towards the door after I thanked the house elves. " That's all I'll say on him really. I mean, he has just helped me that's why I feel like I have to help him." I explained, seeing the look " Really I'm sorry...I'll stop." I said with a grin. " They're probably wanting the tea....well Remus may really want the tea Sirius probably forgot that he said he wanted one." I joked. " Thanks...." I said, " For being the real you..." I told him, " It's nice being able to get to see the real you.....the way you are with your friends. I like it on you...it's good." I said as I turned back to face him as I had the teas in my hands as I was trying not to spill anything.

" I love the chair you always make sure I have open.." I said as I avoided his gaze briefly.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 am

I was surprised to hear Evans say thank you.  I shrugged, taking a cup from her so she would not spill anything down her front.  "Remus is probably dying for his tea," I agreed, knowing Remus.  "Oh - wait.  I've got to grab something else for him."  I poked my head back into the kitchen and within seconds I emerged while stuffing some chocolates into my pockets.  "It always cheers him up a tad."  I smiled and caught up to her so we could head back to the dormitory.

"You always see the real me.  It's just that i have many sides," I pointed out to her, really wanting to have a free hand so I could get into some of the chocolate.  "And I do no such thing.  Everyone just doesn't want to see a ginger get angry," I teased.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Smiling as he spoke, " well we better get going then." I started to pick up the pace a little. " I mean if he is dying for his tea we best not keep him waiting then." I joked with him. I nodded with him, " well I do get quite vicious when I'm annoyed." I said as he made a good arguement. " I don't take people out of my chair though." I said as I tried to remember the last person he forced to leave the chair. " I am sure the chocolate doesn't dampen your spirits" I smirked
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:00 pm

I winked at her.  "Remus never knows that I always get two... one just never makes it back," I said, chortling slightly.  I cracked myself up. 

With two cups in one hand, I pulled out my wand and levitated the cups in front of us.  "No need to be carrying these like chumps," I teased, knowing that it had to be habit for her to do things the Muggle way.  I tore into the chocolate bar.  I broke it in half and offered her some.

"And I don't have to force people out anymore -- not for awhile.  I merely give them a look now... except for Tanner.  I had to physically lift him out of it not too long ago," I said, smirking. "Alright, I waved my wand and hoisted him by his ankle, but don't give me that look.  You've always got your favorite chair."

< I am loving Lily and James banter!!! >>
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:31 am

Laughing a bit " well call it a service charge" I joked. This was nice, actually having a conversation with him. Actually getting to see the real him. Not the one who teased people the one who made people feel bad well, more correctly when you're not Severus. We got closer to the tower, " no I would never think you physically move people out of it I've only seen you do that once. " I told him, we got to the portrait an I said the password walking in ahead of james. "We're back"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 am

"Precisely," I informed Lily as I popped the Last bit of chocolate into my mouth and followed her in. Remus was looking over sirius's essay while my other mate flirted. I merely chuckled. "I do try to behave sometimes, Evans."

When I said that, Remus started to laugh but turned it into a cough when he saw my look.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:45 am

I smirked as Remus laughed " forgive me if I don't believe you." I teased. As we walked in I gave Remus his tea as I walked over to the chair that was ironically still empty. Smiling as I made myself comfortable, " so if you try to behave yourself what does that say about me?"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:30 pm

I looked up from the essay I was revising when James and Lily came back in.  And then when he said that... I could not stop myself.  Chuckling, I quickly turned it into a cough when I caught James's look.  "Thanks," I said when Lily handed me the cup of tea.  I nearly got smacked in the head by a chocolate bar; James always brought one up for me.  I smiled at him and took a drink of the tea, setting down Sirius's essay and tearing into the chocolate bar.

"It means that you are the only reason why he even bothers attempting to behave," I said, smiling innocently at Prongs.  "Oh, I'm sorry.  Are we not being honest?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next