Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE)

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE) Empty We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE)

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 pm

I wanted to be able to see my sister one last time... my nephew and niece.  Dean was one already; I could not believe it.  Elena was getting big, too.  I ended up inside Grimmauld Place to see Ember.  I saw her and she looked so upset.  I walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder.  "Ember... I am so sorry," I said quietly.  I knew it had to seem like she was losing her family, that was what it felt like to me.  But I had to keep Lily nd Harry safe.  "Ember, this isn't goodbye.  I promise you that, sis," I added.  I refued to think that thise was oodbye.  It was the only way LIly and I were getting through this.  The only way to help us think of Harry and only Harry... not Harry, ourselves, plus the rest of the gang.

Last edited by James Potter on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE) Empty Re: We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE)

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:49 pm

I turned and gave James a hug.  "James... I know that's what we all keep saying.  But any time any of us leave hte house it could be goodbye.  Don't act as if you don't hold onto Harry and LIly tightly and kiss them like you won't see them again," I said, walking towars where I had my two children in the playpen napping.  Dean was only ten months older than Elena.  That had been a tad of an accident, but I would not change it for the world.  It did mean that I was finished with fighting on the front lines with the Order, though.  I smiled as I looked down at them, my two beautiful angels.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE) Empty Re: We are broken -- Spring 1981 (DONE)

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm

I looked in at my beautiful niece and nephew, wondering how Ember did it with two little ones plus Sirius.  "Ems... don't be like that.  I want this to be... as least depressing as possible," I said quietly.  I looked at her and smiled.  "Where's Sirius off to?"
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 pm

"he's on a mission," I said tensely.  I would hate it if I continued talking about him.  "James... I can't talk about it."  I shook my head and went into the kitchen to make us some tea.  I wanted to calm down and thanks to Chloe, i was the sure fire way to calm any of us down.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 pm

I nodded and walked into the kitchen with Ember.  "What else is bothering you, Ems?" I asked.  Iknew her well enough to know my sister's mind was so full of everything going on... but there was something else.  I took the cup of tea she offered me and I sat down.  I stirred some sugar into it whil eI waited for Ember to talk to me.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 pm

I sat down with James.  "James... I wanted to be the one to tell you.  Sirius told me that Dumbledore thinks the death eaters are watching Mum," I said, looking at him.  I knew James would feel worse about any of this than myself.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:02 pm

I stared at Ember, shocked.  "It's because of Harry and us, isn't it?" I asked quietly.  I could not put my own mother in danger.  What on earth could I do about it?  But I could not... I had to go into hiding.  I should be over there protecting my mum.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:03 pm

I put a hand on James.  "The guys are taking turns watching over her.... plus other members of the Order, of course," I explained.  I did not want to tell him how long this had been going on.  They all thought it best not to tell James.  It was a way for them to draw my brother and his family out.  The Death Eaters were surely trying to just draw them out and make them careless.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 pm

I ran a hadn through my hair.  I could not bleieve it.  What was I supposed to do?  Just nothing?  I could nto do that.  "Ems... I should be there helping to protect her, too.  Whta all does Mum know?" I questioned.  I mean... I really hoped that she did not.  I did not want her to be living in any more fear than was necessary.  There was no point.  But on the flip side, it might be better if she knew.  That way she could be even more prepared.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 pm

I nodded.  "She knows... and she wanted me to tell you not to worry about her.  She would be fine.  She wants your main focus to be Lily and Harry, not her," I said, repeating what Mum had constantly been telling me.  I just had not even watned to even tell James that she was a target.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Ember was making it seem like there was more to this than she was letting on.  "Ember... how long has she been a target of the eath Eaters?" I asked, unsure if I wanted to know.  My sister was being way to cryptic about everything when it should be easy just to talk to me.  nd this had nothing to do with fear.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

I sighed, taking a drink of tea.  "James... it's been going on longer than you'd care to kow.  A few months now," I said, looking away from James for a moment.  My gaze returned to his.  "They swore me not to tell you... he knew how you'd react.  But I couldn't keep it from you... not when..."  I took a deep breath.  "She was attacked last night... she's okay, but in St. Mungo's."  There was no way I was going to keep that from him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 pm

I gasped and nearly dropped my cup of tea.  "Ember... is 'they' Dumbledore?" I asked, knowing the man meant well, but his methods were horrible sometimes.  "You're sure she's okay?  I need to see her."  She was my mother.  He could nto keep me away from her.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 pm

I knew he would react like this.  I had a game plan about it, though.  I leaned forward.  "James, I have a plan," I said honestly.  I looked at my brother.  "We have to be quick and quiet.  I know who is on guard and they don't know about your cloak.  I know you travel with it.  WE'll need ot hurry, though."  I stood up and grabbed the double stroller for my kids.  I started to get them situated with James' help.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

I helped get my niece and nephew situated for the wet, spring weather.  I threw my invisibility cloak over myself.  I walked silently behind my sister while she made her way to where we would be able to travel to St. Mungo's as a group since she had the ids.  We got there as quickly as we could and I recognized no one as we approahed.  "I thought you said she was guarded," I whispered as softly as I could.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum