Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like the roses want the rain---TBD

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Like the roses want the rain---TBD  Empty Like the roses want the rain---TBD

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:47 am

I had been cleaning the house, it was so much easier to do that with music playing so I put on one of mum's old ones. Just happened to be Bon Jovi, grinning I started wiping down the stove. I was dancing around the kitchen, " Tommy, used to work on the dock...unions been on strike he's down on his luck...it's tough so tough." I sang along with it. Unaware if anyone was in the house. I didn't really care that much. I was cleaning and having fun doing it so it didn't bug me. " Oh we're halfway there...ohhh! we're livin' on a prayer." I went over to the sink tossing the cloth in there. I walked over to the pantry and grabbed the broom out.
Elena S. T. Black Weasley

Back to top Go down

Like the roses want the rain---TBD  Empty Re: Like the roses want the rain---TBD

Post  Serenity Weasley Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 am

I ust walked into the house and heard someone singing.  For a moment I thought that maybe it was Tori, but there was no way that was her.  I went farther into the house and saw that it was Mum.  I grinned and leaned in the doorway.  "Hey Mum," I said, still smiling at her.  "That was actually good..."
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Like the roses want the rain---TBD  Empty Re: Like the roses want the rain---TBD

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:28 am

I looked over to my daughter, smirking. " Actually good huh..." I stuck my tongue out at her. I couldn't keep a straight face. I had sang a lot, " I used to sing professionally. " I told her. " You can ask your dad the first concert I ever did was at Hogwarts. " I told her as I tossed her the duster. " You can give me a hand?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenity Weasley Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm

I smiled at her Abba nodded, moving into action to dust. "what made you stop?" I questioned, wondering if it was because of us kids. I knew a lot of parents who put their dreams off because of kids.
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:57 am

I shrugged to her, as if I am going to tell her it was because I had kids and I didn't want to drag them around to shows. It wasn't fair to them. " I just found a different job. " I told her, it was good. I was happy. The girls were happy, " What about you? " I asked her. " I hear you can sing...show me what you've got?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenity Weasley Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:34 am

I laughed.  "Er... I don't know if singing in the shower constitutes as me being able to sing... but I can easily goof off and sing with you," I said, grinning at my mum.  "What's one of your favorites to sing?  I can pick up on any song and at least sing some of the words... it's not like you haven't forced me to listen to all fo these songs a thousand times," I teased.  I did like bon Jovi, but I had to rag on mum a little bit.
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:20 pm

I laughed along with her, " well do you think it counts?" I asked her. " if yes, then go with that...singing can be serious..but that's for people with no fun..." I said as I swept around the kitchen. " my favorite would have to be born to be my baby...always...i don't have just one." I smiled as I ran my hand through my hair. " why don't you pick one?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenity Weasley Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:30 pm

I shrugged, not sure if my singing in the shower really counted, but then again... Mum was right.  Singing was definitely not for people who did not have fun.  Even the most serious of songs there had to be some fun in them, right?  I put on one of the numerous songs she had of Bon Jovi -- I went with a familiar one of Always so I could at least sing along to the chorus if nothing else.  "Here we go..." I said, cranking the volume on the radio.
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:22 pm

I smiled to her, I swept around dancing with the broom. I looked over to serenity, " this is your grandparents wedding song...This Romeo is bleeding...you cant see his blood...its nothing but some feelings..that this old dog kicked up " I smiled to Serenity as we cleaned and sang.

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenity Weasley Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:41 am

I had not known that it was my grandparents' wedding song.  It was quite interesting.  I loved hearing Mum sing... I wish she would do it more often.  I was sure that I would butcher the song either with my voice or by singing the wrong words or something.  "It's been raining since you left me... now I'm drowning in the flood.  You see I've always been a fighter... but without you... I give up," I sang with Mum, surprised that I sang the right words.
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 am

Now, I can't sing a love song...like the way it's meant to be....well, I guess I'm not that good anymore but baby that's just me....and I ....will love you baby....always.... This song really held a special spot in my heart. I had sang the song for them for their anniversary. It's days like these where I wish I had stayed singing but than other days knowing what I would have to give up. I couldn't ask my family to let me leave them for a while, or bring them on tour.

I know the girls loved music and that Caellum was apparently the mysterious boy at school which had me worried about my son becoming like his uncle and grandfather in a sense which definitely scared me. " Ren, I heard about some interesting facts....who is this boy that I hear your dad yammering about?" I asked her and smiled. " He must be something if you have that look on your face....I had it with your dad." I said as I stopped sweeping as I waited for an answer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenity Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:50 pm

I loved hearing Mum sing... she had such a beautiful voice. Maybe I could convince her to at least start thinking of doing it again. I was just enjoying hearing her voice when she asked me about Graham. Of course I did not think she knew who he was exactly and how on earth did Dad know I liked a boy? I stalled, moving around some trinkets to dust underneath of them so as not to leave an outline of them on the table, trying to figure out how to explain to my mum that I liked a guy who was nearly as old as Seth. That was quite an age difference... and that he had cancer... and that he was helping Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing and that we were sneaking around. I ran a hand through my red hair and just sort of chuckled nervously. "Er... what all does Dad know?" I asked, not wanting to have to deal with Dad freaking out on me.
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 pm

I stopped and grabbed the chair in front of me, " Why am I thinking we're going to need to have a chat about this?" I asked as I waited for Ren to give up and sit down with me. " Well, he knows the age difference...you let that one slide kiddo....I can't help when I don't know what's going on....I can help keep your dad cooled off but I have to get a heads up...." I went on. " How about you tell me about this boy..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenity Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I sat down and sighed.  "I bet it was Josh or Jake who ratted on me.  I never speak of the age difference -- because I know no one will approve of that," I said, glaring at the idea of one of my cousins running off and telling Dad about me and Graham.  At least they did not give him all the details, so I had to be grateful about that.  I took a deep breath and just the idea of finally telling my mum about Graham put a smile on my face.  I felt so stupid and could nto help but laugh at myself a little bit.  "I'm sorry... I can't help but smile when I think about him," I explained, knowing that I was totally about to gush about Graham.  "Okay... please don't get mad at me for some of what the situation entails?  Promise," I said, knoing that Mum might freak when she finds out that Graham and I sort of started dating/flirting while he was going through a divorce.
Serenity Weasley
Serenity Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:37 pm

" I promise nothing....I do promise however that I will let you finish before I say anything.." I told her as I gave her a grin. Knowing she would end up telling me the details anyway. " It's a good thing I know what you mean" I said as I smiled giving her a cue that she could talk to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next