Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The moment of truth in your lies -- Winter 1976

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The moment of truth in your lies -- Winter 1976  - Page 2 Empty Re: The moment of truth in your lies -- Winter 1976

Post  Peter Pettigrew Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:33 am

I saw something flash across Remus's face. "You feel it too, don't you?" I asked, getting at the way I was feeling. "Do you think they're starting to leave us behind?" I hated to say it out loud, but that was the way they were acting. They probably did not know how to tell me... maybe they thought I would hurt myself if they broke the news. And they probably felt really guilty about ditching Remus since we were his only close friends.
Peter Pettigrew
Peter Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

The moment of truth in your lies -- Winter 1976  - Page 2 Empty Re: The moment of truth in your lies -- Winter 1976

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:36 am

I did not think that strongly about it until Peter said that. I laughed a little nervously and shook my head. "No, I don't think they're leaving us behind, Pete. They just get carried away together sometimes." Why was I making excuses for them? I just needed to talk to them was all. I did not want to bring them down. I was used to it being just me and my dad for eleven years... and I would still have Peter. I looked across the common room away from Peter for a little while. I saw the girls talking with one another and I flashed a smile when I saw them look my way and blush a little bit. I guess they were talking about me or all of us guys. My gaze returned to Peter. "I'll just have a talk with them and see what's up. It won't be a big deal or anything," I said, trying to keep it from becoming something more than what it was.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Pettigrew Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:41 am

I saw the portrait hole open up and saw James slinking in... surprisingly without Sirius. I sighed and stood up. "If you didn't want to get ganged up on, here's your chance," I said when I saw James spot us and strut on over. I saw him glance over at Lily adn I could not help but roll my eyes. He was ridiculous sometimes. I smiled at Remus and made up some lame excuse and walked away before James could really say anything to me. I would let Remus have this talk with him.
Peter Pettigrew
Peter Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:43 am

I smiled at Peter and gave him a quick goodbye when James took his seat looking confused. I looked at James and said, "Hey... do I want to know what you were up to?" The way he was looking made me think I definitely did not want to be a part of this scheme. There was no point in it. I was curious as to where Sirius was... but then again, it may be best if I did not know where Sirius was. I would use this opportunity to talk to James about what was bothering me and Peter. It would be better for me to talk to them individually... that way I would not be bombarded by the way I knew they would get defensive.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 am

When I walked in I had spotted two of my best friends and walked over. I was a little offended that Wormtail seemed to just blow me off and walk away without really saying a word to me. I raised my eyebrows at Remus. Laughing, I figured I could ease my friend's worries. "We weren't up to anything bad," I said with a shrug. Of course it was a prank, but it was simple compared to what we had done in the past. We just wanted to start somethign small. I leaned my elbows onto my knees and moved a little closer to Moony. "What's up wtih Wormtail? He was kind of rude," I said, watchign as he left through the portrait hole that I just entered in.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:47 am

Of course James would think Peter was being rude to him. I sighed and shook my head. "He's just feelign a little put out," I said, trying to make it seem like not a huge deal or anything. There was no reason to get all defensive about it, but James did need to know the way we were feeling.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:39 am

I stared at him, not entirely sure what Moony was getting at.  "Feeling put out?  Why?  We all hang out together and do things together.  How on earth would someone feel put out?" I asked, completely confused.  Then something dawned on me.  "Do you feel put out, too?  Moony... this is crazy."  I could nto believe that he was bringing anything like this up!
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 am

I shook my head, sighing.  I wished that James was not already getting defensive.  "James, you have been doing so well with living up to your promise to leave Snape alone," I started to explain.  "But... you've been taking it out on Peter.  That's why he is feeling put out."  I wished that James would just listen and let me explain everything.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:32 am

I sat back and stared at Moony.  I shook my head.  "I think that's crazy!  I don't give Wormtail any harder a time than anyone else," I said, shaking my head.  I could not believe that he was being like this.  Why have Moony talk to me anyways?  He was too cowardly to confront me himself?  I was not that scary.  "Why is he having you talk to me and not do it himself?" I pried.  I wanted to know if he was scared of me or something.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:26 pm

I shrugged.  "I was going to do this anyways.  He didn't ask me to... he was just going to keep enduring it, to be honest," I explained.  I knew that James never realized how he gave people a hard time.  It was just who he was... which was fine.  But he could at least try to tone it down a bit with one of his best friends.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Walking into the Common Room, I saw Prongs and Moony sitting together looking like they were having a talk. " What's going on?" I asked them as they seemed to both look surprised I joined in.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank merlin I had Sirius here! "Wormtail is feeling unappreciated or something," I said, shaking my head. "He has Moony here pleading his case. I don't see why he would be feeling put out, though." I stared at Sirius as if he would definitely be on my side about this.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:43 pm

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.  "It's not really that big of a deal," I tried to get across.  "James has just been a tad meaner than normal towards him and I think it's because he's being nicer to Snape because he promised Lily that.  Just now that you know, you might be more aware of it is all I'm saying."  I did not think that this would turn into an interrogation.  Thank merlin I had not brought up the fact that Peter was thinking that they were leaving us both behind and that I sort of felt the same way.  And I was just going to stick with the fact that James was being harder on Peter now than ever.  No way was I going to add anything else... not with the way James was freaing out.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2