Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled -- Fall 1999 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled -- Fall 1999 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled -- Fall 1999 (DONE)

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:55 am

I resisted groaning at him and walking away. He was just being a dad I guess. "Dad, nothing happened. He was quite the gentleman, actually. I mean, we ended up kissing at the end of the night, but that's it," I explained, trying to dismiss my dad's worries. He need not be so concerned about me. I knew how to handle myself.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled -- Fall 1999 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled -- Fall 1999 (DONE)

Post  Regulus Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:57 am

I had to figure out who this boy was. "Please tell me it's not August," I said. I hated that little ass. He was a close friend of Lyn's, but still. I disliked him. he had an agenda to get into her pants, I knew he did. And I did not want her to be a victim of him playing her. I could nto think of anyone worse for my daughter.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

I did not like the tone in which my father spoke of August. He was a good guy, just a player. I rolled my eyes. "No, Dad, it's not August," I said, thinking that this was much too difficult than it should be. "His name is Jetty Pettigrew." I said it casually, hoping that Daddy was still lost in his thougths about hating August that he would not hear the entire name.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 am

I was taking a drink of my black coffee when I swore she said Pettigrew. I nearly choked. I swallowed and stared at her. "Did you just say Pettigrew? As in relation to Peter Pettigrew? The little rat that betrayed everyone... that little liar?" Okay, so my protectiveness was never goign to calm down. Did my daughter want to give me a heart attack? She should know about Peter... It made me sick to think that his spawn had kissed my daughter.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 am

Did he really have to be like that? I sighed and dug down deep for more patience. "Daddy, yes... Jetty is realy good friends with Dean and them. He's a sweetheart. He is nothing like his father," I tried to explain. Of course I was not entirely sure how true any of this was... we only went on one date. But I did not want Dad to jump to conclusions. Did anyone jump to conclusions about him? No... well, okay, probably. He was a Black and he did have the Dark Mark... but still. He was nothing like the rest of them. He changed. So even if Jetty was like his father at one point, he probably changed and that was why he was still friends with my cousins.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:03 am

I crossed my arms and looked at Madelyn. I swear if she thought I was goign to be okay with this, she was insane. "And how do you know this? You met him yesterday, right? How do you know if he's like Peter or not? And even if he seems like he's not, his father was a great liar. He would have learned some tricks." There wa sno way I was goign to be okay with this.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:05 am

I clenched my jaw, ready to argue if I had to. "Dad, try to at least listen to the words coming out of my mouth. Give him a chance. People gave you a chance after they found out that you had lied all these years," I pointed out. "And yeah, I only met him yesterday. But I'm a pretty good judge of character... I learned that from you." I figured I should try to give Dad some sort of compliment. He was an excellent judge of character and I kne whe would change his mind if he met Jetty... but I was not sure if that would ever happen... especially with the way my dad was acting and the fact that we went on one date. We were not a couple right now anyways. So why on earth would I make him suffer through meeting my dad?
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:06 am

The women in my life sure knew how to make me shut up. I took a deep breath and stared at Lyn. "Okay... so if you're okay with him, then why is there an issue?" I questioned, hoping to get down to the bottom line with her. She was normally good about that, though, so I wondered if there was an issue or not. Or if it was just Lyn being Lyn and over thinking everything.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 am

Well, Dad sure flipped the switch on his stance really fast. It took me a minute to digest what he had asked. "Oh, there's really not an issue... it's just that, well, I already really do like him, Dad. And is that crazy after only one night?" I asked, knowing I was askign the wrong person. I would have to have this conversation wtih Mum when Dad was not around at one point.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am

"Yes," I said flatly. "Especially with someone like a Pettigrew." I sighed and looked away from Madelyn for a moment. When my gaze returned to her, I saw she had that determination and stubbornness she hinherited from her mother. Aimee would definitely be proud of the way she was holding her own against me. "Okay, it might nto be entirely crazy. I just want you to be prepared for what you might be getting involved with," I explained. I did not want my daughter to get hurt. Not the way I hurt Aimee; not the way that Pettigrew hurt the Potters and my brother... I knew what bad people did to good people. I was one of them once... and I still battled myself every now and then. I knew times were slightly different, but the battles inside people were still the same. Especially with the Pettigrew name hanging in the air.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:12 am

I glared at Dad when he first spoke. He was being such an ass. Then he seemed to soften as much as I could expect. "Daddy, I know how to take care of myself. You don't need to worry," I assured him, putting a comforting hand on his arm. maybe we could salvage this father-daughter moment.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 am

"I know you do, sweetie. But it's my job to worry about you," I informed her, giving her a pointed look. I smiled at her and wrapped her in a hug. Kissing the top of her forehead, I added, "Just please be careful with him... even if it is just to appease your ol' man, okay?" I looked down at her and tried to plead with her with my eyes.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 am

I rolled my eyes teasingly. "I'm always careful Daddy... but I gues I can be extra careful with Jetty just to make you feel better," I said, hugging him back. I was glad that he decided to be nice rather than over protective for a moment. I enjoyed moments like these.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2