Getting Answers -- TBD (DONE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting Answers -- TBD (DONE)

Post  Dean Black on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:12 am

Addison had told me to behave myself.... to not jump to conclusions.  But how could I not?  I was so angry at him... My arm was still in the sling and I had to be careful with everything... but I did not care.  I still had my dominant hand -- my left -- that I could easily punch Jetty in the face with if I had to.  I don't know what the Death Eaters shot at me, but my shoulder had a hard time healing up.  My abdomen still hurt from being stabbed... but that was healing just fine -- especially with the potion that Aunti Chloe had me drink that night.  I could still barely move or feel my fingers on my right hand.  I don't know what was going on, but I couldn't help but wonder if I'd be able to use it fully again.  I just played it off like it was no big deal, though.  I went to where I said that I would meet up with the traitor.  I did have his wand... but he might not get it back depending on how I felt about him after this.

Last edited by Dean Black on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting Answers -- TBD (DONE)

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:23 am

I walked to the meeting place, glad that we were in only a slightly secluded area.  So no matter what, we both would have to behave with whatever we said or did.  I saw that his arm was in a sling and his icy gaze found me well before I got to his side.  This did not look like my best friend.  I had no idea where to even begin.  Perhaps I would just let him vent then I would explain what happened.  But would he even give me a chance to explain?  I had a feeling he would not.  "Dean, I'm sorry.  I tried to stop them... but I couldn't.  Jada told me everyone was alright and everything... well, as well as what anyone could be anyways," I said quickly, my heart pounding.  I had no idea what to even expect from Dean right now.  He did not even look like this when I threatened him about my dad before I got my head on correctly.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:32 am

I glared at Jetty and got close to him.  "Jetty, I have no idea where to even start.  You had me convinced you were nothing like your father -- even after threats and whatnot.  You actually had me believing in you.  How can I trust you ever again?  I guess I should have learned from my dad's and Uncle James's mistakes.  They trusted your dad up until the very end... and here I go making the same damned mistake," I said, shaking my head.  He was not worth my time.  I wanted to just alk away and never have to worry about seeing him again... but something made me stay.  Perhaps this was the same something that Uncle James felt in putting his trust in Peter.  Should I listen to it?
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:05 am

I had no idea what to say or do to make it better.  "Dean... if you just give me a chance to explain," I said, trying not to beg him to give me a chance.  I had to try, though.  He was my friend... I had no idea how to even get him to understand or to even listen to my side of the story.  "I was taken just like Lenni... I stood up and told themt o stop.  I wasn't strong, though... I didn't even really do any good.  I know I didn't.  I wish I could have done more.  I wish I could have been as strong as you to help your sister."  I needed him to understand.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 am

I ran my hand through my hair.  "Jetty... how am I supposed to believe you?  You were with them!  I don't even know why I saved you..." I shook my head, wondering if I should have let that Death Eater kill him.
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I raised my eyebrows.  "You saved me?" I asked.  When?  I had woken up from everything and I was still in that cave with all the dead Death Eaters... I was grateful that no one I cared about was still down there... but someone must have thought that I was dead or they just left me there to die.  I didn't blame Dean, but I did not realize that he had saved me.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:38 pm

"Of course I saved you.  You had a Death Eater standing over you and I was sure he was going to hurt you if not kill you.  So I threw a knife at him and he dropped like a rock... I got a lucky shot," I said, hating the fact that even if I told my mind that I regretted it, my heart was glad that I saved him.  I wasn't a killer... I would never have just let him die.
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 am

"Dean... thank you," I said, disbelief in my voice.  "But see?  If you saved me... then you have to know that I am not like them!  I don't know why this happened... I wish I could have helped Lenni.  I wish that I could have done more... But I am not strong... I know I'm weak.  I'm a coward... I'm no better than him," I stated, meaning my father.  No, I did not betray my friends.  But I could not help them either.  It was the same difference in my head.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:22 am

I looked at Jetty and ran my good hand through my hair.  "Don't say that," I said quietly.  "You are not a thing like your father.  Your father felt nothing... Jetty, I'm sorry.  I was just seeing red... I saw you there and I automatically thougth the worst.  I am sorry.  I should not have done that."  I can't believe that I was apologizing... but I knew he was sinscere.  Ic ould see it in his eyes.
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 am

I shook my head and shrugged.  "Dean, if I were in your shoes... anyone, including myself, would have thought the same thing," I said.  I was not sure if everyone would have jumped to the worst conclusion, but given our past and everything... it was not surprising that he did think that way.  We were enemies and then we became friends.  So I was not going to hold it against him.  "Just don't worry about it, Dean.  It was an expected mistake... it's not like I made it clear by the time you showed up anyways," I added, giving Dean a little smile.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I really would still worry about it.  I mean... he had been drug there just like Lenni and I was making him out to be a traitor and a pain in the arse.  What kind of a friend was I?  I wanted to be better than that.  "Jetty... let's make a pact that we won't jump to conclusions about each other.  Things already are sucky with the way the world is, okay?"  I mean, was it silly to make a pact?  I didn't htink so.
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 pm

I smiled and nodded.  "that sounds wonderful," I said, glad that we were back on the same page.  "How's your shoulder holding up?  Everything being handled okay?"  I was a little worried about Dean.  I knew he would not take anything for it because he would not want to get hooked on anything again... but it was also stupid if he just let it go wihtout trying to get it to heal properly either.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Ah, there was someone else beating around the bush.  I shook my head and sighed.  "You don't need to worry, Jetty... I'm not taking anything for pain for it because I don't want to go overboard with it or anything," I assured my friend.  I hated that I did that... it just meant that everything went crazy.  I knew I deserved no one to trust me, but still... I have not gotten high in awhile it seemed.  And I have not overdosed for a year or so... I would be fine.
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:55 pm

I felt bad for brining it up when I saw the look that came across Dean's face.  "Alright... just take care of yourself, Dean.  Even if it means having Addie or your mum or someone giving you the medications because sometimes not taking anything is worse than taking something.  Just know where the line is," I said, giving my friend a smile.  That was all I was going to say about it.  It was none of my business to keep ragging on my friend about anything.  There was no reason to.  I figured Dean knew what he was doing.
Jetty Pettigrew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:00 pm

I sighed and gave Jetty a one-armed hug.  "Thanks, mate," I said, really glad that he was not going to be getting into a bunch of details and whatnot.  I knew he was probably right... letting someone help me make sure I do not go overboard with the pain medications may be exactly what I needed.  My arm and shoulder and hand were unusable and it was starting to drive me nuts.  It had not been that long... but still.  It sucked.  Perhaps it would be a good idea if I asked them about wanting to help me monitor my habits so that way I could at least heal somewhat.
Dean Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top