Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Mentoring -- Throughout the Years at Hogwarts

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Extra Mentoring -- Throughout the Years at Hogwarts - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Mentoring -- Throughout the Years at Hogwarts

Post  Dean Black Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 am

LATER FIRST YEAR...

I was getting angry with myself.  He was pushing me, I knew this.  I was sure Uncle Remus was getting frustrated, but he never showed it.  We had been doing these lessons all year and this was the last lesson before Christmas.  I had no idea why I couldn't get this spell.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Extra Mentoring -- Throughout the Years at Hogwarts - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Mentoring -- Throughout the Years at Hogwarts

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:24 am

"Dean, you need to focus," I told him patiently.  He was only a first-year trying to learn more advanced spells that weren't even in the first year category.  He barely was getting my want to wiggle in my hand.  He had mastered Protego extremely quickly.  I had made my lessons according to the importance of these spells in real life situations.  The disarming spell, the protection spell, the retrieving spell -- which works even when you lose your wand.  So that way no matter what -- once he learned wandless magic -- he could retrieve his wand if necessary.  Yes, it was Flitwick's job to teach Accio in either 3rd or 4th year... but I felt it was necessary in case he found himself in a sticky situation.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:26 am

I thre my wand angrily.  "Why is it that Accio and Protego were so easy?!  You said yourself that Accio was well advanced for my age compared to Expelliarmus."  I sighed and went to grab my wand.  I just didn't understand.  "What am I doing wrong?" I asked, sitting down.  I had to be not doing something right to not be getting it.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:30 am

I glanced at the clock and figured this was enough for him.  I grabbed some butterbeer for him from my stash.  We always finished with our lessons with a glass.  I handed one to him and we sat down.  "Dean, I'm not sure what's got you with this spell," I answered honestly.  "Are you focusing on learning this spell?  Or is there something else that has been on your mind lately?" I questioned.  I knew the curriculum wiht the other teachers and Dean is fine with all his classes.  I wihs he would do better in some of his classes, but I was not going to judge him with his grades; they were good... he just could do better.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:38 am

I looked down at the mug with butterbeer in it and sighed.  I did have another project on my mind.  I just didn't want to tell Uncle Remus about it.  I had tried to ask him questions about animagus and stuff... I wanted to learn to be one -- and I decided to try to start learning it now.  I wondered if I could beat them at becoming one.  I couldn't help it, I was competitive.  I shook my head.  "No... I'm not really focusing," I said, feeling really bad.  "I'll do better, though.  I just know how I have to manage my time now."
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:42 am

I chuckled a little bit.  "Dean... if you can't keep up wtih this, let me know.  I'm only doing this to help you," I told him, smiling at the kid.  "I'm not doing this to add more stress, okay?  So if you need a break or to go slower or whatever... just say the word."  I figured that I would get a very angry look for even suggesting slowing down or even stopping.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2