Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rescue -- July 1997

+12
Remus Lupin
George Weasley
Elena S. T. Black Weasley
Ember Potter Black
Sirius Black
Jetty Pettigrew
Peter Pettigrew
James Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Hermione J. G. Weasley
Harry J. Potter
Dean Black
16 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Rescue -- July 1997 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Rescue -- July 1997

Post  Dean Black Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:18 am

I glared at the healer. "I'm going in one way or another, and it'd be beret for my dad if I was scrubbed." I pulled him away from the wall and pushed him down the way he came. "so get me in there dammit." My patience was running so thin. My dads life was on a delicate balance right now and he was not going to be alone
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 am

I sat with Ember and Lily.  I couldn't imagine what was goign through my sister's head.  Everyone was quiet... I assumed the girl who came in was Dean's girlfriend -- well, fiancee as I saw by the ring on her finger.  And then there was the Weasley boy.  And I saw a couple other kids that were definitely Remus and Chloe's.  I knew about Will, of course.  But the little girl was so much like her mum it was unbelievable.  It was just so weird being here... if only we were all healthy.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 am

I stood back whispering with George.  I had no idea where Dean was or how he was handling anything and George wasn't with Elena... we both felt a little misplaced.  "If Lupin went to find her... he's the only other person besides you who can calm her down when she gets that angry -- apart from her family," I assured him, trying to make him less worried.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:49 am

I rubbed her back and held her, staying on the groudn with her.  "I know," I said softly.  "But losing your temper isn't going to give you answers if they don't have them."  I did'nt understand why they weren't telling us anything... but they had their reasons.  It probably meant that it was bad, they just didnt' have th heart to tell us that until they knew all the details.  Or maybe they didn't knowhow bad it was and didn't want to give us false information.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:57 am

Either the healer was afraid of me or just didn't have hte heart to tell me no... but he took me into a room and started to get me scrubbed down.  I followed all instructions he gave to me and gowned up in the smocks they had to wear.  When he left and told me to wait, I paced impatiently.  I was about to yell at him and just barge through the door when he came back.

"You're only allowed to observe.  Don't get in their way.  They're upset that you're even goign to be in there," he told me, shaking his head.  "But I pulled rank for you, kid.  Don't make me regret it."  He opened the door for me.

I rushed past and was careful not to touch anything or do anything but be within mere inches of my father, but of course out of their way.  He looked so horrible.  I clenched my jaw, I couldn't think about that.  It was worse than I had expected, but I wasn't going to lose my cool in here.  I knew I wasn't allowed to touch him to let him know I was there.  I was sure he wouldn't even be able to hear me... but I had to let him know somehow.  I had to believe that he could hear me.  "Dad... I'm here," I said quietly.  I saw a female healer look up from the monitors with a tear in her eye.  We made eye contact and I nodded a thank you to her.  To know that someone in there cared for his well-being or the fact that she cared I was in there with him... it made me know that i wanted her in there with us.  She at least understood.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:02 am

I nodded slightly, " They avoiding answering anything!" I said to Remus. I was so mad. " I don't like crying..." I mumbled. I hated it. It appeared to me as weakness. I shook my head, " How do I stop ? ...why can't they say anything?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:08 am

I squeezed her.  "I know... but honey, they might not be saying anything because they truly don't know what's going on.  The only ones who do for sure are the ones in there working on your dad.  I mean, if you want them to stop so they can give you infomration..."  I trailed off, knowing that she would shake her head or somehow lt me know that was definitely not what she watned.  I sighed.  I knew she hated crying... but there was no reason to stop.  "Lenni, don't worry about stopping... I'll stay with you no matter how long it takes for you to gain enough composure so you can go bac to the waiting room in a state of mind you would like."  I knew that meant with no tears.  "And I won't let anyone know about what happens out here."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:14 am

I smiled, " Thanks Remus..." I hated the fact that he was right. Drove me nuts, I hated knowing when someone was comforting me. I wanted to be angry, and upset and doing this would get me no where. " No I don't want them to stop working on him to let us know. I just want to know why there isn't answers for even the simplest of questions..." I said. I got up and pulled Remus up with me. " Thank you..." I said. Knowing George is going to know I am still a wreck. In which case I go sit with him, I mean I love Remus he is awesome. George is going to be my future husband. A hug from him is just something else as well. Did I still have a crush on Remus, maybe a little one. " I think we can go back...I just have to wash my face." I told him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 am

I smiled at her.  "Good... because, hate to say this, but you look like hell," I said, teasing her.  Hoping to shed a little light on what was going on.  "And I'm sure I know of a couple of people who are greatly concerned about you back in the waiting room.  No need to keep them worrying for longer than necessary."  I knew George had wanted to come to help her, but I didn't think he would know how.  Not with something like this.  I had helped Lenni through so much that I felt like she were my daughter, too.  That's just the way we did things, our group.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:32 am

I stood there watching everything they were doing.  I moved out of theri way every now and then and it seemed like the team of healers and I had a little system going.  But if we had a system, that meant we were in there for far too lon gin my opinion.  The healer who had been the only one to acknowledge my presence suddenly moved into action instead of just recording and monitoring the machines.  I looked at her and wondered why.  It seemed like everything was okay... but that changed in a second.  The steady beep of my dad's heart suddenly went flat and that droning beep was all I could hear.  I moved to one side of my dad, closer to his head to stay out of the way and knelt, my lips by his ear.  I heard them getting something around where they would shock my dad or something.  "Dad," I whispered into his ear, my throat tight but I wasn't about to let any tears escape, "you cannot leave me.  You cannot leave us... don't go..."  I removed my mask, not really caring at the moment if I would breath something into his wounds, and kissed his temple region of his face.  He couldn't leave me... he saved my life, now I wanted to save his somehow... I swear if they would have said he needed a heart I would have told them to take mine.  Because then mum wouldn't have looked the way she did... she'd be whole agian... not in pieces.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:46 am

I smirked and gave a light glare. " Thanks...." I said as I rubbed my face. Knowing again Remus was right...he has got to stop being right all the time. I went with him back to the waiting room, after I washed my face off. Walking in, I looked right to George, thanking Remus again. I walked over, " Hey babe..." I said as I took his hand. " I'm sorry I just went to find some answers and got no where...." I explained. " I got to angry..." I whispered.

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:51 am

I took her hand and kissed her cheek.  "You don't have to apologize for anything today," I assured her, glad that she was back and okay though.  I looked over at Professor Lupin and nodded a thank you to him.  "You had me worried, though."  I couldn't believe how long we had been here and no one was giving us any type of clue as to what was going on.  That seemed really odd to me.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:57 am

I nodded squeezing his hand, " I had myself worried...." I said honestly. I know I have a bad temper, but it had never really been to this extent. " Have you seen my brother?"

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:07 am

I sighed and shook my head.  "No, I haven't... Addie and your mum are getting really worried, though," I said, nodding over to where the two of them sat together.  "Maybe I'll go look for him...?" I didn't want to leave Elena's side, though.  At least not without her permission.  I was here for her, yes, but also for her family.  So maybe they'd appreciate some help in locating Dean.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:40 am

" I'll come with you....I can't sit here and stew..." I told him as I made my mind up. " You know, I can't..." I said as I was incredibly stubborn. " I would like your comfy sweater though?" I asked with a little pout. Knowing he would give me the sweater. I felt horrible, I went to get answers and it appears Dean went too. We got up and I walked over to my mum and Addie. " We'll be back...we're going to find him." I told the pair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next