Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apologies -- November 1979

3 posters

Go down

Apologies -- November 1979 Empty Apologies -- November 1979

Post  James Potter Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I had known how stupid I was and how hurt Ember probably was, and Lily had made sure I definitely knew all of those things.  I wanted to make things right before the funeral.  I knew it was early... and I was sure she would hate me for coming right before the funeral, but I couldn't bring myself to even be in her presence until now.  I was so ashamed of my behavior that I didn't want to see the look in her eyes when she laid eyes on me.  I didn't bother knocking when I saw lights on.  "Em?  Can we talk a minute?" I called out, hoping she would at least give me that.  I wasn't used to my sister completely ignoring me like this.  It had only been a few days, but still.  It felt like a lifetime especially with what was going on.  I needed her during this time and I knew she needed me.  Or at least I hoped she did.

Last edited by James Potter on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Apologies -- November 1979 Empty Re: Apologies -- November 1979

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 pm

I pulled my jacket on and had started buttoning it when I heard James downstairs. I buttoned it the best I could over my pregnant belly and pulled my hair from underneath the collar. He could wait until I was ready. I looked at myself in teh mirror and realized how exhausted I looked. I felt so bad for Sirius... I knew every time I went to try to sleep I was restless and teary. I wasn't sure if he looked much better to be honest. My father was practically his, too, as odd as that sounded. I sighed and muttered to myself, "May as well get this over with," as I left my bedroom and went downstairs to where I saw James standing awkwardly in the foyer, unsure of where he should go.

I crossed my arms and looked at him. "What do you want?" I asked, not bothering to hide the emotion in my voice. Today was not the day to be dealing with his shit. I was so hurt and so appalled by him right now, I could barely stand to look at him. James and I had had our ups and downs... but I would never have expected him to act the way he had acted.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:24 pm

This was going to be a lot harder than I expected. I at least expected to see some resemblance of my sister under the cold stare, but I didn't. I didn't know what to say that would make up for what I said a few days ago. So I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her, and despite me wanting to be strong to get through this, I started to weep. "Ember... so sorry," was all I was able to get out through my tears. Much to my dismay, Ember shrugged out of my arms and stepped away from me, though I saw tears in her eyes. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself al ittle bit. "Emmy?" I asked, using our childhood nickname.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:40 pm

I glared at James through my tears. "Don't even," I warned, turning from him. I turned back around and I couldn't help it, I let him have it. "James! I lost a father that day, I wasn't expecting to lose my brother, too. How dar eyou think that I did that on purpose! I didn't even have time to comprehend what was going on, let alone come get you. I didn't know that would be his last words. If you had been listening, you would've heard me tell Sirius that I wish you were there. That I felt guilty that you weren't. But you only heard what you wanted to... and now look what you've done!" The tears were rolling down my face. I didn't even bother wiping them away. "You broke my heart, James. I always thought you would be there for me. I was worried about you. I wanted to check on you. And then you pull that bullshit? Some brother."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Okay, I had deserved that. I Just let her vent. "Ember... I know... I was horrible. But I'm here to apologize. I don't know what got into me. Something just... broke. I don't know how to explain it. But please, Ember, I need you. Don't push me away," I said, reaching towards her.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:33 am

I had been in the study hearing raised voices so I tried to ignore it because I knew exactly who it was. They need to have time on their own. I pulled out a book and waited for a cue.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:10 am

I backed away from him hand. I really didn't want to be cruel to him. I didn't want to lose him. But today I needed to be able to grieve my loss, not to deal with this stupid bull. "James, today all I want to do is try to say goodbye to the first man I loved," I said, my voice almost getting caught in my throat. "So please... just go."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:34 am

I sighed. "Ember...I can't just leave you alone," I said. Then I realized how stupid that sounded; she had Sirius. But still... she was my sister. If I wasn't to be with her on this day, it would make me think she was alone all because of my stupidity.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:29 pm

"I'm not alone," I told him. "I have Sirius. And you have Lily. I just can't talk to you righ tnow... I will eventually, but not today. Please, James... just listen. Leave," I said, not liking how it sounded like I was pleading with him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down