Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye Candy -- Summer 1979

2 posters

Go down

Eye Candy -- Summer 1979 Empty Eye Candy -- Summer 1979

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:04 am

Even though I did not necessarily need to get a job, I still got one.  Mum and Dad were not necessarily okay with me being out of the house because of the way things were happening and getting darker, but I wanted to do something to help keep my mind off of the fact that my boyfriend and brother were fighting the good fight and everything with the Order.  Chloe and Tobi just left Hogwarts, so I was to be going into my last year pretty much by myself -- if I even went.  I was having second thoughts of even finishing school, but I knew my parents wanted me to.  Dad was getting worse as well, so I wanted to make sure that I made him proud. 

I was working on putting books back onto the shelves at Flourish and Blotts when I heard some of my female coworkers gasp and start whispering.  I rolled my eyes, knowing that meant only one thing.  I could not help but smile, however, because Sirius had come to visit me yet again while at work.  I turned and saw my lovely fiance striding towards me.  "Don't you have important things you should be doing?" I asked him as I set the stack of books in my arms on the table in front of me.  I wrapped my arms around him nonetheless and gave him a kiss.  Our wedding was mere months away and I could not wait to be able to call this man my husband.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Eye Candy -- Summer 1979 Empty Re: Eye Candy -- Summer 1979

Post  Sirius Black Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:22 am

Grinning to her as I put my arms around her as I held her close. " I just got off a shift missy." I said as I looked around. " You girls look like you've been busy." I said seeing a group of people that came into the store. " So, what's going on in your work place?" I asked her as I wanted to just see if anything strange was going on. I would rather she stay away from it.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:32 am

I shrugged at him.  "Well, we're getting in all the new schoolbooks for the start of term... there's been a new curfew put upon the shoppes... Cyrena hasn't been in due to her uncle being tortured and in St. Mungo's... oh, and Ollivander's son and wife have disappeared," I said, listing off the things that I had heard that day.  I felt so bad for my coworker's uncle, but the news of a pureblood family such as Ollivander's being targeted... that was a little harder to take.

I knew what Sirius would focus on with the entire thing.  I tried to give him a reassuring smile.  "No one disappeared from Diagon Alley, but just in case something would happen, that is why the curfew is set.  the disapearance with the Ollivanders put everyone on edge around here," I said to him in a lowered voice.  "There have been a few shoppes -- if you hadn't noticed -- that have just boarded up and shut down."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Nodding as I felt like I was being watched from every corner. " Horny lot these ones.." I said looking around. Smirking as I saw them all jump back to work. Glad to hear the curfew seems to be working. " I'll be working diagon alley tonight with your brother." I told her.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 pm

I smirked when all my coworkers avoided my gaze when they went back to organizing and whatnot.  I nodded when Sirius told me what he was going to be doing.  "Good... is that why you're here?  To make sure I listen to curfew?" I teased, smiling at my fiance.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Laughing as I picked up a nearby book. " a man can dream that you can like actually listen to the curfew" I said as I knew she would have something to say. " please, just listen to curfew..." I said quietly as I went closer to her, I love her more than anything. If she were in danger I wouldn't be able to focus like I should.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 pm

I put my hands on Sirius's biceps and rubbed them gently.  "Because you said please," I said a bit jokingly.  In all reality, I would listen because I knew that it would mean less worry for him while he was doing work for the Order and I did not want him to be focused on anything other than keeping himself safe.  "But only if you promise I won't have to come out looking for you."  I leaned up and kissed him lightly on the kiss -- I practically felt my coworkers glaring at me for it, too.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Holding her close, nodding " Of course...When have you ever had to come looking for me. I believe it has pretty much always been me looking for you." I pointed that out to her because I felt like it and also because it was true.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:00 pm

I hit Sirius's arm playfully at his last comment. "None of that was by choice, mind you," I said, attempting to defend myself even though I knew it would not work. "I can't help it if I make good bait to get to you and my brother. Which is why," I added with a sigh, "I will actually listen to you this once." I gave him a bit of a smile because, even in the darkest of times, I knew it was something that he would need.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Hugging her tightly, " Thank you...it's appreciated taking some pressure off. " I explained, " It may seem small I assure you it's needed. " I said as I yawned. This double shift is insane I don't feel like I am me anymore. I am zombie, I need to sleep for days.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:04 pm

I gave my boyfriend another kiss. "Of course," I said to him. "Let me at least get you some of the coffee from the break room... it might not be the best, but it may help with the yawning. I want you to actually be aware of what's going on so you don't get hurt."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Smiling softly, " Okay I suppose I can drink coffee." I said not like it would help to much. With all the things going on we were working like....well, dogs. Laughing at my own joke as I shook my head slightly. " It might do me some good. " I had agreed. following her to the break room I could get in there thankfully no one was going to tell me to move anyway.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down